This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dura red oxide primer

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul Stav
10+ Years
10+ Years

Dura red oxide primer

Postby Paul Stav » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Somewhere, either here or on the Red Power website, somebody talked about how he liked a product called Dura red oxide primer. Now I know the Dura brand, but does someone out there know if this primer is an epoxy type primer that requires mixing with a catalyst, or just one that you thin? Is it an automotive type primer? Sandable? A remark on a good resistance to chipping makes me interested in buying some to spray my cub.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:42 am

Hi Paul. I haven't used it but found this for you
DURA CLAD ALKYD DAMP PROOF RED OXIDE METAL PRIMER

Label Ideal Application Data Sheets
An alkyd resin, multi-use, corrosion resistant primer designed to provide maximum adhesion and corrosion resistance to properly prepared structural steel, aluminum and copper surfaces in industrial, commercial, institutional and residential environments. Material Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
Product Attributes
Formulated to Dry in Damp or in Poorly Ventilated Environments
A Good Lead Free Performance Equivalent to Fed. Spec. TT-P-86
One Component
Cleans Up with Mineral Spirits

The site was http://www.duron.com/products-generalin ... imers.html
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Paul Stav
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul Stav » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:41 pm

Thanks for the website, billyandmillie, what I really wanted to know is if the product is designed to be sprayed, sanded, etc. like an automotive primer. It appears that it is a general purpose machinery primer and will probably not produce the fine surface finish like a machinery enamel? I probably need to find someone who has actually applied and used it.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:14 pm

If you click on the technical data for the red primer, it tells you how to mix, spray, cleanup, etc. It even tells you drying times and what you can use as paint over it.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Return to “Farmall Cub”