This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Road Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:46 am

Thanks mltiema,

I just finished the deal......I'll meet the trucker down in Boynton Bch on Feb 8. Looks like there are some implements but nothing rare or extraodinary as of yet.

But I'm looking forward to getting them. My plan will be to sell 6 of them and keep one of the "yaller" ones. There are a couple of implements that I'll keep as well.

The folks I'm dealing with are really nice. They said that there are some more implements laying around that I'll get as well. I'm looking forward to that.

What happened was a nursery has been using these cubs in their daily operation for over 25 years. Due to the hurricanes, their business was wiped out. They see this destruction as a sign to get out. The property has been sold to a developer and has to be cleared.

I'll have to post some pics of the new "kids" when I get them back.

BD, many thx to you (again ) for letting me have these. It ought to be fun

8)
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:51 pm

Kirk, making a haul like that we won't be calling you LITTLE BigDog.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:05 pm

Kirk wrote:
What happened was a nursery has been using these cubs in their daily operation for over 25 years. Due to the hurricanes, their business was wiped out. They see this destruction as a sign to get out. The property has been sold to a developer and has to be cleared.

Makes perfect since to me...Build a bunch of houses so they can get blown away and then us tax payers will rebuild things for them. Just like building in a flood plane. Geeez :roll: :?

Glad those Cubs are going to a good home :!: 8) 8) 8) very 8)

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:20 pm

Hi All

Sounds like a good deal for Kirk, the sellers and the trucker got some work. I would say by the time the whole thing pans out there will be even more happy Cubbers, if Kirk sells off some of the treasures. I think BIGDOG is going to have to stay THE BIGDOG, I thought this when I looked at the amount of times he has posted, it's something like 2,700 Thats alot of knowledge, time and kindness shared. I was not looking for the highest poster or anything, I just happened to notice it on this thread. Same thread I see Rudi up there with over 2,200 posts even with his down time he has had and all the time he has put into the site/server. I think your all a GREAT group of people. I know MR. GW and MR. Jim B. and all of you are a world of knowledge. I wish I could contribute more. Best of luck Kirk !!!! Bigdog is the BIGDOG !! Just my one opinion or thougth. :oops: Paul K. in N.H. Then there is Dennis !!!

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:26 am

Paul,

Thanks for the kindness you just shared. And I couldn't agree more, Bigdog is the BIGDOG. He and the others have helped me and sooo many of us out. And not just on this forum.

But like you said, it's not how many "posts" that one may have nor is it how many Cubs you own.....it's the selfless kindness one shows towards others is what makes one big.

And yes, I'm excited to get my Cubs and to see what I've got myself into. :wink:
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:38 am

Hey Kirk...That's what I cal..."Jumpin. in with BOTH feet" :wink: GOOD FOR YOU. :D :!: :!:
You'll probably do well in the stock market too! Folks who aren't afraid to take risks and make the BIG investments...usually come out with the GREATEST rewards (just ask Warren Buffet)!!

We ALL hope that everything goes SMOOOTH AS SILK :wink: for your journey on Feb 8th! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:31 am

Kirk
I think you made a very good choice!
I live all the way up in Minnesota and was looking at this deal with HIGH interest!

The shipping would have most likly killed it for me, but that many running cub and implements, MAN, I could have sold only HALF and kept the rest free and clear in this area!!!!!!

Keep us informed as to what you get and what you are selling :wink: :o :o

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Return to “Farmall Cub”