This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb trouble

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Carb trouble

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:33 pm

I Hate ebay! I had a zeneth carb on my cub, I decided I wanted the corect carb so switched to a IH carb i bought from E-bay. The carb i got was a mess, the body of the carb was cracked. So i scraped it and got another. Well... this one looked great untill i opened it up. the brass tube that screws in the top is broken off. I assume this is part of the idle circuit. Is there a fix for this? can i drill it ount and slide the rest of the tube in the hole?
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

half way there

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:56 pm

Ok I drilled it out, and used a small "easy out" and got it out without messing up the threads. The question is can i tap the remainder and thread it in? or do i need a new tube?
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:44 pm

Todd, those tubes are still available from Case IH. If you have no local dealer, Ken Updike at Carter & Gruenewald can fix you up.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:03 pm

I just noticed the float has a little gas in it, so I guess i might as well go get a float and the idle tube. This carb isnt totally in plane with the bottom is that normal?

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:06 pm

Normal? - yes.
Correct? - no.

If you check out Lurker Carl's carb fixes on Rudi's manual pages you will learn how to correct just about anything you will encounter with your carb.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:12 pm

I cant seem to find that. Can you send me a link?

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:15 pm

never mind i found it! thank you

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:33 pm

That site it great! I see there are two different old style carbs, What are the differences?

Return to “Farmall Cub”