This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

$#@!* stereo hookup...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:13 am

This is similar to sending a young apprentice for say a sky hook, left handed screwdriver, soft headed steel hammer. 3oz sledge and that sort of thing.

We always sent the rookies to fetch a bucket of "prop wash". :lol: :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:44 am

'Country' Elliott wrote:Hey Allan...With all those "options" are you sure you're gonna hear all those BMW horns blastin' at you when they line up behind you as you're Cubbin' down the road :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats funny. It is exactly the way I got mine home. right through an affluent area, during rush hour. I was trying to stay on the shoulder, but my grandfather is a bit ornery and followed me in his pickup and took up the whole lane. He has lived there many years and fought against the developers and people buying the Mc-Mansions springing up on the farm land so it was a good therapy for him to drive at 6 mph all the way home :D

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:53 pm

I really don't think the 6V system is the problem. I'm almost sure the blinker fluid is low , this will load the system down when you turn on the turn signals and probably cause the buzz you hear in the speakers.

Cubnut
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Cubnut » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:38 pm

Where does your chauffer sit when it's raining? LOL!

In the Air Force, we used to send new guys to Supply to get a roll of flightline. So many showed up there that the supply people posted a sign: "We do not have rolls of flightline. You have been fooled."

One kid went through seven different shops looking for a Fallopian Tube before somebody clued him in.
These cubs never grow up

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:46 pm

We had a rather naive clerk that we told to watch for a truck load of dial tone we had ordered. We said there weren't any tanker trucks available and they were sending a flat bed loaded with barrels and we wanted to be sure they unloaded it next to the phone office so we didn't have to wheel them too far. Every day or so we would ask her if she had heard anything from the truck line yet. She watched for that truck for 2 weeks before anyone told her the truth. One of the guys also sent her to the hardware store to get an 18 inch "yardstick". The bad part was that one of the store employees said she would try to order her one.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Welcome back :)

Postby allenlook » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:11 am

Hey guys,

Figured the best way to let everyone know I was "lurking" again was to do something stupid - so I posted my original message. Hope nobody got too confuscated...

I'll have pics for ya as soon as I get my camera refilled with flash fluid.

:D
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:35 am

Just a few weeks ago we had our parts guy call for a brass magnet. We filled out the parts requisition and the boss signed it (we were all in on it) . He actually called the supply houses before he caught on.

Maybe we'll send him for a bucket of propwash or a bag of jet blast!

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Hardeeharharhar...

Postby allenlook » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:47 pm

I'd appreciate it if he could pick me up a plank brush and a plank stretcher while he's there - I overdid it with the cable stretcher on a barn wiring project and now I need a longer plank to take up the slack.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”