This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Obscure paint questions... fan, ammeter, etc

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Obscure paint questions... fan, ammeter, etc

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:57 pm

So now that I have run the fan blade through the electrolisys tank I KNOW that it was originally black. I think the fan bearing assembly was also black. Does anybody know for sure if that was true of the later model Cubs?

It also looks like the ammeter was NOT painted at the factory. That makes my job a bit easier, I just won't have to prime it or paint it. I did paint the body of the oil pressure gauge, but the bezel is nice and shiny chrome.

I removed the paint and primed generator and the shop that rebuilt it painted it black, along with the regulator.... I guess that can stay black.

The starter is primed and ready to be painted, but I think it would look better yellow, so that is going to be yellow.

Not trying to be too picky, but it is easier to do it right now when the machine is in hundreds of pieces.

Thanks!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:24 am

It sounds like you have a yellow Cub by mentioning the yellow starter. Unless you want it totally original I say Paint your parts any color you want that is appealing to your eye. On My ( 48 ) I painted the fan blade black and the starter & generator also painted black with the brush cover bands on each painted Red. Solid red like original just did not appeal to me, I like a little contrast on that Red engine. :shock: (Trick-or-Treat) :shock:
Then came Bronson

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:30 pm

On my father's Oliver OC-3 I am restoring at school I plan to do the same thing with the different colors.
I think it will look nice
Image On To Bigger Things

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:36 pm

you fan pulley and even the belt should be Yellow, the starter should also be yellow. I also think there is a tag on the starter that should be taped up. I am not 100% sure of that. That is factory. Though like these guys said, what ever you think looks best :-)
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Return to “Farmall Cub”