This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Switch labels

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:29 pm

Bill:

Posting the link via Netscape should not cause the problem.

John:

I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

Gordon:

You should be able to use Windows Update in XP. That way it you will be able to upgrade to SP2 as well as get the other security as well as optional updates as needed. Be aware though that SP 2 is a VERY large update. However, Microsoft has decided to help those who are on dialup by providing a FREE CDRom with SP2 on it. That should help you with that part. The other updates usually are less than 2 megs in size and with a 52kbps modem, should only take 3 to 4 minutes to download even in busy times of the day.

Scotty:

I already pilfered Ron's pic and it will be put up on the server in the Tips and Techniques section somewhere as soon as I can get it done. Seems I need to do some work on the server contents again.

Also a quick tip, if when you right click and choose "Show Pictures" it still does not give you a pic, right click on the box again, choose "Properties" highlight the url, copy and paste into a new window of IE. That should take you right to the pic.

I am going to send you the wiring diagram from the owners manual.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:52 pm

Scotty. Learned from Rudi and others on the board to take pictures on any questionable processes. Helps on future problems and as you see, a possible help to others.

Here are a few more pics of the new wiring harness (p/n 351325R91) I assembled in my '48. (Purchased from http://www.cngco.com )

Hope this helps......................
Ron

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:13 pm

ScottyG wrote:Ron,

IMHO, you've just provided the holy grail of illustrations for all of us older year Cub owners! The only reference that I've ever seen to the wiring on a 4 - selector switch is the Owner's Manual on Rudi's site and it's very blurry and hard to read. Every other switch design that I've seen referenced never has the generator resistor coil on it.

Thanks for the help!

There is a complete wiring diagram with the 4 position switch on page 2 of the ATIS Cub FAQ. Click on it to enlarge.

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:20 am

Thanks again for all of your help everyone. My Cub is currently wired directly to the F terminal to permanently get a full charge since my generator resistor on the 4 selector is missing. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to exactly replace that so that I can rewire to original.

Then it's off to rewire to magneto ignition. Perhaps in the Spring. Along with a new front seal... oil pan gasket... clutch plate....
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:46 am

I believe someone here has the resister specs (maybe Bigdog) for replacement. I remember reading a post in the past concerning this.
Ron

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:18 pm

The field resistor is Delco part # 1878070, 2.8 ohms and is (I think) a 15 watt power rating.

Thank Jim Hudson for researching this one some time ago.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:46 am

You're right BigDog, I think Jim gave this to me several months ago but when I went to NAPA to cross reference it, they looked at me like I had three heads. At the time, in the interest of just getting the tractor running again, I let it slip
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”