This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Chuck's problem cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Chuck's problem cub

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:27 am

Many of you will remember my posting a couple months ago about the neighbors cub I was working on. He had it rebuilt 3 or 4 years ago, and it had never run right, no power, etc. Rather than taking it back he just left it setting out side. when I started checking it I suspicioned the valve timeing was off, and an apparent misprint in one of the service manuals confirmed it. When I got it apart, I found that was not the problem. Weather and health had prevented me from doing anything more until yesterday. I was feeling good and the weather was warm, so I decided to take another look. Found 5 of the valves set quite a bit to tight, and the spark advance was gummed up and not working. Now all I need is some ambition and the help of one of the neighbor boys to get it back together.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

dennnis79
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dennnis79 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:44 pm

Hey John, which service manual had the misprint? I'm getting ready to do that procedure soon on my rebuild and I'd prefer to not have to do it twice. :)
dennis
"Hey, I didn't get a harumpf outta that guy!"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:45 pm

The assembly instruction are correct in all of them, but in the I&T manuals there are instructions on how to check the valve timing with the engine assembled. The error is there, which caussed me to needlessly pull the timing cover. I have 2 of them, and one is correct, and one has an error. I don't have them handy at present, so I can't tell you which one.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:59 pm

Return to “Farmall Cub”