This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

To John the gosh darn Cub Owner.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

To John the gosh darn Cub Owner.

Postby Eugene » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:44 pm

Well John I checked out the Cub Lowboy. Actually there are two lowboys in the lot.

1) Cub Lowboy 154, 1973. Running condition. turf tires 80% tread one tire excellent 1 checked. 3-point. hydrostat. tin very good. Paint - typical. This tractor has been recently moved. Appeared to have been worked on recently.

2) Cub lowboy, 1966. Rough, very rough, hasn't ran in years. Does have very good almost new turf type rims and very good turf tires on the rear. Does have a belly mower. You can check out the 2nd tractor at http://www.schaeperkoetter.com/ under used equipment. Warning the picture is at least several years old - cause the tractor no longer looks any where that good. At the rear of the tractor is an 18 horse Briggs engine mounted on a frame to power the belly mower. You can't see the Briggs in the photo.

They are asking $2500- for tractor number 2. I think it's worth about $300- for the rear rims and tires.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:12 pm

Eugene that thing is a hard looker. Not even in the $2500 catagory mabe $500 without any implements.Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:52 pm

Thanks Eugene, I'll give them a call tomorrow, but figure I am wasting my time. I've been told they are good for getting parts, etc. but very high to buy from. By the picture and your description I figure it is worth aobut $800 to $1200 if the engine isn't stuck. I'll let you know how it comes out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:24 am

Their description was "above average condition and a good buy at that price". I thankded him and said I wasn't interested. Thanks for thinking of me anyway.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:50 am

You are welcome.

I found the Schaeperkoetter web site after I obtained the correct spelling. I did not think anyone reading this board would be interested at the asking price or 1/2 the asking price. I have only delt with Schaeperkoetter once. I purchased shims for the steering sector from them.

Actually the trip was quite educational. Schaeperkoetter has a number of old tractors sitting in their lot and bone yard. There is a regular, H's and M's, and decent VAC case and tons of Cub Cadets.

Eugene

Return to “Farmall Cub”