This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub in PA

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:26 am

The other tractor is an A, not a Super A. Something isn't right in the serial number that was listed for the A. The number would be a very early tractor, which it isn't. Noted that it also has all the lift parts for a pneumatic lift cultivator. It probably has all the pneumatic lift parts in place. It has probably been years since it was used, the pressure valve is probably shot. It looks like it has a home-made hydraulic system for the home-made snow plow. The home-made stuff probably works OK.

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:32 am

I saw a cub last week at my local dealer that had a whit hood and a red body, It was a mcormick cub. How many of these did they make? looked like orginal paint
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:39 am

As I commented somewhere lately, I don't have a total grip on the paint job variations. It looks like they started doing the white hoods in '64 and carried it through much of the remaining production. Primary colors of red and yellow were both available as regular production options. As far as we know, no records exist to indicate how many were painted each color.

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

My Whups

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:22 am

I looked at the grill on the A, and didn't look closer. Oh, well. I'll just order crow for lunch. :?

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:21 pm

Well I counted my chicken tooo soon :-(. Someone offered to buy both from indiana, so unless it falls through i am out. I did go look at it and its REAL nice. I took some photos ill post. I tried to take photo of the decals and other interesting stuff. The orginal seat is the nicest if have ever seen. Some other interesting stuff. The headlights were white and look original. The other thing is that the tractor was originally painted Yellow, i am not sure if its a primer or not, then repainted red at the FACTORY. this is not a repaint! But under the red is yellow paint, but it a mustard yellow, not yellow like on my 67. It has the original battery box, and inside the box and around the edges where the top overlaps the sided its yellow. it looks like ti was painted yellow in parts, then assyembled then painted red. The rear wheel lugs are painted and front not, like on the old cubs. The badge on the starter is also not painted. and the grill bolts, and dash bolts are not painted all others are. It also has the original tires, about the only thing that isnt right is the carb and choke. The dash also has a different start button that looks right but I havent seen before. Ill post some pics tonight so you all can see. BTW the A was not that nice, very rusty and the rear wheel were rusted through, it was also reapainted.
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Return to “Farmall Cub”