This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Minneapolis/St. Paul - Shop, Mechanic, Parts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Minneapolis/St. Paul - Shop, Mechanic, Parts

Postby rick 48 cub » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:22 pm

Hi, Please provide me with any names/numbers where you have had good experiences with a machine shop, a good mechanic, or a good place for me to get parts for my 1948 farmall cub tractor.

Thanks
Rick 1948 cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:42 pm

Your local dealer for parts or http://www.cngco.com/ for online place. Call or e-mail them and ask for Ken. NAPA will have lot's of parts.
Use these numbers when going to NAPA http://www.atis.net/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html#q7
NAPA usually has a good machine shop.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:44 am

Hey Rick
There are a few "Minnesotan's" on the board. I live south of the cities down in Prior Lake.

like already stated, most parts can be found either from local dealer, napa or online. As far as a good mechanic, I don't really have a source.

Maybe some of the other MN's will pipe in here. Maybe we should have a little MN Cub owners get to know each other meeting here someday :D :!:

What do you say... Jack, Andy???

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby farmallcub49 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:32 pm

Well,
If you want to drive up to St. Clould, we have a great machine shop with a great machinist who does all my work. He does all of my Model T work. I haven't had any Cub work done by him, but he has done them. My new LoBoy may find parts of itself in there once my money tree starts blooming in spring! A close friend of the machinist is an IH collector and has had many blocks and heads in there. Let me know if you need his number.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:05 pm

I had all my machine work done at N APA, I went to the store's that did the machine work for all the other stores. There was no extra mark up that way.I also bought all my parts from them. There are some better deals out there, but it is almost a one stop shop and I have never been disapointed with the quality of NAPA parts. I'm not pluging them, just facts from experence. "Jack" Maple Grove.

rick 48 cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

original posting

Postby rick 48 cub » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:19 pm

Hey Cub Star - please give me the name and number of your St. Cloud shop.

Rick
Rick 1948 cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”