This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

need a part for touch controll

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

need a part for touch controll

Postby Todd » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:34 pm

Does anyone have a used screen for hydraulics it about 6 inches long. Mine in torn. tried to solder it but messed it up worse. A new one is $49.00! I am in the middle of this rebuild if anyone has any advice.
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:15 pm

It may be tough to find a good, used one as they usually get put back into service. I bit the bullet and bought a new one when I serviced the touch control on my '49 FCUB.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:38 pm

You might try http://www.jptractorsalvage.com or http://www.tmtractor.com, but you will probably end up having to buy a new one.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:49 pm

Todd,

I too, had to "bite the bullet" and bought a new one, BUT what is nice with the new one over an original one they are better built and has a cage around the fine screen. Hopefully this expensive item won't have to be replaced. I got mine from Case/IH and it was like you said, I think it's around 50 bucks.

Oh well, won't be the first time we had to spend BIG BUCKS on something that should have only cost a third of that. Look at parts for our Harleys, :lol: :lol: Doesn't mean we have to like it right :?:

John Niekamp