This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sift rail solution

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ducati750
10+ Years
10+ Years

Sift rail solution

Postby ducati750 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:21 pm

Well after further review I discovered that it really did not feel like the shifter was moving as far in the third gear direction as in the second. Suspecting that either the plug that is in the shift rail bore has moved or there is something in the shift rail bore, I moved the rail aft, as some sugjested I could. Low and behold what did I find? It apears that the person who "restored" my Cub had the rail out by moving it aft , to replace the fork maybe, and had a tough time moving it forward back over the detent ball, must have thought it popped out and could not find it and put a new one in. Well the first one didn't pop out completly it was still in the shift rail bore not allowing the rail to move all the way forward into third gear. I had it apart, fixed and test drove in about 40 min. Thanks for all the advice.
Paul :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:51 pm

:shock: Count your blessings, You got lucky. :lol:
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”