This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

planters

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

planters

Postby danovercash » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:42 pm

Was talking to a customer at the store (Hardee's) and solved an old question. Dad sold the planters originaly bought with the first tractor. they were replaced with a F/H Cole planter. I thought they went to my uncle who had a Super A, (don't know why). Turns out another friend of Dad's had them. When the estate of Mr. Strider was sold, they were bought by by the present owner. He has an H ,A, Cub and one other tractor. Don't know if he got the cub the planters were on or not. Yesterday a nephew of Mr. Strider came in and we were talking tractors. He had used that equipment when he was a young boy. Dad had loaned the original 54 L&G blade to Mr. Strider. Another cuboholic neighbor had me to go with him to pick up the blade, as he was interested in buying it (1973?). That did not happen and I traded the 54 blade and cash for a 100 blade (175.00 total) Sure was interesting to find out this bit of history.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”