This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Grill Bolts

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Grill Bolts

Postby Todd » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:52 am

Are the grill bolts on a 1967 cub natural or are they painted. What i have seen most are very rusty which leads me to belive they arere not painted
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:04 pm

This photo was taken at the time cubs were in production and should answer your question. 8)

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:15 pm

cool thank you, I didnt realize the carb was painted also. from those photos it seems the front wheel bolts would be natural and the rears painted, however mine in a 67 so the rear wheels were not painted when the rest of the tractor was.

Its more complicted on the yellow and white cubs. Does anyone know what state of assembly they were painted in. The problem is the bolts that hold the white stuff to the yellow stuff. I am not sure if they would be white, yellow or natural. I think the grill bolts are natural the front wheel bolts are natural, and everything else is white. Any other opinions?
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:03 pm

Forgive me...I am thinking of early model (red) cubs. :oops:

The yellow and white ones are a little tough to figure out. I don't recall seeing any pictures of the later model cubs in assembly.

I would leave the bolts natural. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:08 pm

if anyone has any late model assembly pics, I would appricitate it

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:45 pm

?wanted to check my new image

Return to “Farmall Cub”