This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Marvel Mystery Oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:07 pm

mltiema wrote:Changing the oil in the '57 hi clear today..First time since I have had it :( :oops:..(5 mo.) The drain tube from the filter casing was clogged solid with sludge :x :x and the threaded cap on the drain tube was set so tight I unscrewed the tube from the block. Think this tractor needed an oil change :roll: :roll:

Anyway, I want to add the MMO to the Low Ash 30 wt. in the crankcase. The tractor has always been run on the IH LA oil. I only have 16 oz. of MMO left in the bottle. Please tell me how much to add to the mix.

Thanks

Mike

Mike, sludge in the drain line is not unusual. Since there is no circulation in the tube, the heavy stuff that passes over the opening just settles out there.

As far as how much MMO to add to your oil, check the container. There should be recommended amounts listed if I remember right.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:20 pm

Thanks Bigdog :)

The only mix they give is for the gas: 4 oz : 10 gal.

I mixed 4 oz : 3 qt. Low Ash :?: :roll:

Mike

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:01 pm

I put a lot in a engine one time and the cam lobes wore Right off very soon. I don't use oil additives. The way I see it the way oil company's are trying to make the best oil they would include what ever made it better. I do use EOS with the GM name on it when installing new cams and lifters and a can of it comes with a new short block. EOS stands for (engine oil supplement)
Young man for work, old man for advice

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:13 pm

I wouldn't use a penetrating oil in the crankcase, it can only reduce the lubricating ability of the oil.
In the fuel it may do a good job of dissolving the deposits on the valve stems that cause them to stick.

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:43 pm

I normally just dump a couple oz in the crankcase and a couple in the gas. SAort of like cooking, I never really measure!

Return to “Farmall Cub”