This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How common are these tail lights?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

How common are these tail lights?

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:33 pm

Are these tail lights hard to come by. I was going to pull it off and replace with a combo light. That is until I looked in the parts manual and saw they actually came that way. Now, I have a great debate, to replace or not to replace?
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:28 am

I have only seen a few, but had always assumed they were owner replacements. After looking at the parts list I see they would not have been used until 1958 (Lowboy sn 10001, standard cub sn 210001), so there probably were not too many produced.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 am

That is a Grote brand tail light, and were used on various tractors (Cubs, 154's, some of the bigger tractors, and Cub Cadets (Originals through 123's). They could be found new painted red, white, or yellow and maybe other colors, but I have seen those. The lens are still available from Cub Cadet, and I have seen the lens at vendors tables at RPRU, with one vendor saying they were for trucks. IH, like others, was good at using such items in the parts bins for more than one application.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:47 am

Rather than "not too many produced" I should have said used on cubs, which is what I was thinking. My typing and thinking are occasionally not quite in sync.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!