This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pushin' Snow with the '49

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Pushin' Snow with the '49

Postby EZ » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:09 am

Got some excellent seat time this evening. Pushed about 6" of white stuff off my 2004/05 skating rink. This years rink is my biggest yet. It a full 120' X 45'. I did alot of landscaping to it this fall. Brought in a few loads of fill and pushed back and forth for a few weeks until I got the back end of it up about 24". This little Cubby is a real workhorse. I had the blade mid-mounted for the landscaping and then put it back out front this evening for the snow pushing. I like to make ice as close to the ground as possible for a good solid base. We're looking at another 6" overnight so I'll be back out there pushin' again. The border for the rink is made up of the nice big snowbanks the Cub piles up. I'll get some pics posted of the operation when buddy comes over with his digital.

Keep on Cubbin'
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:59 am

I did a skating rink last year, too, and nobody in my family even skates. You have to get your seat-time somehow. I went down to the lake behind our house and plowed in one direction until it got wide enough so's I could turn, and then I just continued round and round, piling up the snow with each pass. In third gear you could really curl it back. I ended up with an oval-shaped rink close to 100' across. My neighbor ended up bringing her grandchildren down, and she's requested the rink for this year, too. Too bad!!!
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:17 pm

You guy will do anything for seat time. Right on.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”