This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Transfusion???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Transfusion???

Postby Buggyscott » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:34 pm

Got My Missey all bolted and screwed back together again. All I got to do is get some new battery cables (she was converted to 12 volt + when I got her) and then do all the fluids. Books says use 90 wt and SAE 30 non detergent. Do I go by the book or do you all have any suggestions? Also will be traveling to Ohio this week to pick up cultivators and mid mount blade I bought on e-bay. Will know by this time tomarrow just how good the price was, hope it remains one heck of a deal.
Got a Cub and a good team of horses, nothing else I need or want except maybe another Cub and some more equipment!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:49 pm

My personal preference is for 90 wt. in the tranny & gearboxes and hy-tran in the touch control. Hy-tran will also work in the gearboxes & tranny but if you have any marginal seals, they may start leaking due to the lower viscosity.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:00 pm

I'm with Bigdog. On motor oil, if you know what previous oener was using I would use the same. If it's recently been rebuilt I would go with 30 weight detergent or 10w30 to keep down crud.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:01 pm

I'm with Bigdog....90WT in the transmission and final drives and Hytran in the touch control. I use Case/IH Low Ash SAE 30 in the motor. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”