This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1940?Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

1940?Cub

Postby Jersey_cub » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:57 pm

:D Well the bug got me. I found a 1940 something not sure of the exact year, no hyd. Cub with sicklebar in pretty good shape. The fellow who ownes it is a JD buff and has this red sittin all by it's lonesome. So I offered to take it off his hands just waiting for a price. He didn't commit on a price yet but was talking under $2,000. If things work out this will be number two 8) . Funny thing is I just walked over to talk to him about the tractor he was restoring when I spotted the Cub and asked if he wanted to sell it. I could have sworn I saw a glimps of the Big-Dog locater soooo I am planin on movin fast :wink:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:50 pm

My reputation exceeds me! :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:07 pm

By the way I forgot to mention that my first cub was purchased from Ralph in Kentucky, and no one can believe what I payed for it. One heck of a good buy for one heck of a fine tractor :D . At least this tractor is closer to home. About twenty miles in franklin NJ. I probably shouldn't have said that incase the Big Dog is in the area :P :P

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:48 pm

:wink: Watch-im Joe I can't do anything to stop bigdog from here he done got a long head start at that lonely lil cub.
what ya tell that fellar with all the green stuff is that ol cub is all red and kinda rusty lookin and that ya otta get it away from his green-uns. :twisted:
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:48 pm

:lol: Yea Ralph I am keepin an eye out for the big fella. The plan is to let this guy know that red dont mix with green. I talked to him today and he is asking $1,800. The tractor needs some work new battery box, throtle lever, the rod assembly for the starter, new seat, and a few other items. I plan on offering $1,300 I feel thats a fair price. There's no hyd. , but the manual is all together and it comes with a sicklebar thats in fair shape. What's your thought :?:

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Ralph » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:15 pm

Joe
Around here that would still be top end if all the sheet metal is good and it runs out and drive train good Hydrolics can be added By the time you get all you need to put hydro. on a cub it can easily run around $500. for all the parts.
But I know in your area prices are a little Different And if it is close to home you don't have transportation cost .
I wish I knew you were Maybe going to need those parts I just out a bunch of parts on E-bay.

If you think it is an acceptable deal
Go with what you feel

Ralph in ky.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:33 pm

:idea: Hey Ralph, Why dont you post the addy to your eBay listings page so we on the board can check out yer`auctions. :P
Then came Bronson

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:58 pm

Just getting ready to bring my fourth Cub home next month. This one is yellow and white with a C3 IH mower. Runs decent but could use a little TLC. I got it for $1500 up in east Texas from Sam Adams. Good fellow. If you live in this part of the world and just like spending a Saturday walking around looking at plenty of older IH tractors and farm equipment from "possible parts" to restorable condition, Sam is the fellow to go see. This is my third Cub from Sam. The other one I got from Merlin in Ponchatoula, La. Must have been one of the few that BigDog missed.
Gene Chestnutt

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:10 pm

Hey Gene,

Sure would like to see some pics of the new cub....any chance you will be able to post some when you get it home :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:48 pm

Cub-Bud,
I will try to post some pictures of my next trip to Sam's and of the new Cub. I am far from computer literate and it make take a few tries to figure out this scanner/attachment thing. I mentioned Merlin in my earlier posting. Is he doing OK. I have not seen any postings from him in recent weeks.
Gene Chestnutt

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:58 pm

Merlin's last post was on October 24th.

Hey Merlin, You out there :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:21 pm

Ralph after reading your post I decided to offer the owner $900.00, waiting to hear from him. I don't want to jump on the first chance I get at a second cub I'm sure lots more opportunitys will come along, but if it does workout I will email you on the parts needed.
Thanks Joe

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Ralph » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:20 pm

Joe
I went and looked at two cubs today one was a lo-boy looks like the loboy on my web page before the guy wanted $1800.for it and it is a $800. tractor at best.I didn't insult the guy I just told him I couldn't pay that much for it .
The other one is like my 65 and it is broke under the front a lot of good parts I'll keep a few and sell the rest .

Johnbron
Here is the addy link to my E-bay from that you can click on sellers other items to get the rest of them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

Ralph in ky.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:14 pm

Thanks Ralph. For anybody else interested in checking out Ralphs goodies here is a link to his list.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1Q ... propertyZ1
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”