This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine Trouble

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hoopy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Engine Trouble

Postby Hoopy » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:10 am

I am new to cubs. The one I bought ran smoothly. After about 3 hours of mowing a field with the cycle mower, the engine started to miss and them stopped.
After emptying fuel tank, filtering the fule, new carb and sparks, I got it to start. It ran ok but maybe a bit rougher thatn before. After an hour of mowing, the engine stopped again.

Any thoughts on diagnosing this issue and solutions? Thanks

Hoopy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:22 am

You could have a coil going bad. Run the tractor until it quits and then pull a plug wire and hold it close to the tractor body and try to start the tractor. Observe the quality of the spark. If there is no spark or the spark is weak and yellowish in color, you have likely found your problem. This will apply to either magneto or battery ignition. Another thing that is a possibility is that the vent in the gas cap is plugged and a vacuum is being created in the tank which is keeping the gas from flowing to the carb. If you can isolate which area your problem is in, we can help you pinpoint the source.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:22 am

It sounds as though your mag is heating up. You seam to have the fuel sorce taken care of . Check spark as soon as it quits. If you dont have a Mag , it could also be a condencer or even your coil. "Jack" :idea:

Return to “Farmall Cub”