This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need help about Model 20 buzz saw

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eddie Zepp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Need help about Model 20 buzz saw

Postby Eddie Zepp » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:01 pm

I picked up a Cub sawyer Model 20 buss saw. I was hoping someone out there can help with some parts or a manual and information. Any help will be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:29 am

I have a buzz saw that has been mounted on the side of an old chasis. A 60 cu in int runs it. I can't tell you much abpou it other than it used to work but have not used it in 4 or 5 years. PM me and any measurements or the like I can do Tues and will send them to you. I am up the country and have to go to the Library when it is open to access the forum. I have some pictures and will take more. I will have to have someone lead me by the hand to post them
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Eddie Zepp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Buzz saw

Postby Eddie Zepp » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:19 pm

Bill

I do know that this saw mount directly to the pto shaft on the Farmall Cub. I am missing the part that bolts to the drawbar and holds the log. Is this what you have or is it something different.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:18 pm

Young man for work, old man for advice

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:24 pm

Young man for work, old man for advice

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:13 am

What i have would have been a stand alone buzz saw run by a belt from the belt pulley on a PTO. It has been shade tree mechaniced to the side of an old Chasis of some kind. I will take pictures and try to post when I get home.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:12 pm

That thing scares the stuffing out of me just looking at the picture! :shock:
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Eddie Zepp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eddie Zepp » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:06 pm

Bill

the picture you posted is the saw that I have. It looks like I am missing the frame that holds the log and bolts to the drawbar. Maybe someone out there can send me the measurements and I can make the frame. It looks like angle iron and flat bar. Thanks again bill for your help.

Eddie Zepp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eddie Zepp » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:53 am

Sorry Jim I wanted to thank you for posting the picture I got confused on witch on posted the picture. Thanks again Jim

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:31 am

Eddie all the mountig shown is a table on angle iron that pivots on mounts on the draw bar. The dimensions should be that you are cutting well above what would be a horizontal through the shaft that the blade is fastened to. You want to be above center at all locations of the table. You don't want anything to get jammed against the table. Strange that I don't see any saw dust in the picture.
The trouble that I have when using mine is that you can only handle relatively short pieces, 10 or 12 feet. I was always giong to build some sort of an aux table to hold the weight of the off end till I had them short enough that I could handle them on the pivoting cutting table. I also founf that if I fed the pieces so that I cut the thicker end first they are easier to handle. Of course with a helper holding the off end till you get the logs short enough helps but i just can't get my wife to go along with the plan.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”