This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rudi, Needs Our Prayers

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:06 pm

Hey folks,

I too, just got the phone with Rudi. Just like Donny said, I too, thought he to be in real high spirits I even talked to Emily, his wfe, she seemed like a real sweet person.

Rudi wanted me to pass on his thanks to all of you who are thinking of him and has appreciated the phone calls and concern.

We talked about all sorts of things, CUBS naturally, :lol: Ham radio and MY overpriced health insurance costing 130. bucks a week, Poor Rudi, I think that almost threw in into cardiac arrest by itself. Does me too, ever Friday on payday. Then talked about the Cub IH-2 deck that I am rebuilding and drawing up on CAD for him to build one in the near future.

Rudi was also telling me that the guy next to him has been waiting 2 weeks and was still somthing like 14th on the waiting list, just waiting for his operation. He said he'll be DAMNED if he was going to lay there for that long, just waiting, when he could be home waiting. My guess is doing things he probably shouldn't be doing. LOL! He said that he is already missing his Cub and the forum here.

Now that's TRUE devotion, isn't it :?: :?: :?:

I wanted to get this posted as Rudi asked. Again, he wants to send his heart felt THANKS for the thoughts and prayers from his other family, here on the forum. It means a lot to him and his family.

Get well soon Rudi, and God Bless

John Niekamp

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:03 pm

I guess it was a week ago today that I was up to see Rudi ( He fixed my puter, I fixed his TOB :D ). He was naturally concerned about going under the knife, but was certainly glad that the option is there!! :wink:
He is confident in our Docs abilities, and St John hospital is where all of the heart surgeries for area are done, so will be getting the best availlable care from experienced Docs.
I'll be praying right along with the rest of y'all, and if I hear anything Gord hasn't already relayed, I'll pass it along.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:09 pm

i've done a couple of stints in the body shop for angioplasty, but not the stents (yet!).

somebody's gotta smuggle in a laptop for him. I recall a week in the hospital. near killed me of boredom. even watched one of those ' As my Stomach Turns' shows. you know, i think it was at the same part of the story as when I was home sick from school as a kid :lol:

get well soon, RUDI. we're thinkin of you.
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:48 pm

Donny, et al,

Your concern will go a long way for our friend Rudi's well being.

I met Rudi and his family this summer while out east on vacation. Spent an afternoon sippin' coffee, lookin' at Cubs, learnin' abit about one another. I tell you, he is really into his Cubs, and eager to help out anyone. We swapped a couple friendship tokens, did some talkin' about the Good Lord above, and generally had what I believe will be a lasting impression on one another.

Is is really amazing the time he has put into his web site, a mine of info right your finger tips. You gotta love those manuals when you need a quick answer.

Rudi, we're pullin' and prayin' for you all the way from Northern Ontario.
Just Do It !

Gar Maunula
10+ Years
10+ Years

Get well soon

Postby Gar Maunula » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:11 pm

Rudi:

In distance terms we live miles apart, but on this web site we shrink the distance.

Your contributions to those of us who own Cub tractors cannot ever be measured. The manuals you have posted are special and extremely helpful, especially to those of us who are not experienced mechanics.

But more important, your welcome and encouragement to new Cub owners is almost contagious. You let the Internet world know that "owning one or more Cubs is a real privledge".

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. We look forward to once again hearing you answer a "newbie's" post regarding a Cub problem.

Flo and Gar

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Get Well Rudi...

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:26 am

We needs you here. Especially a beginner like myself. I really appreciate all the help you've given me. From a self-professed "Southern Gentleman".

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Maritimer » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:53 pm

Very sorry to hear about Rudi. My prayers are with him and his family.
Gordon, I'm heading up possibly on Sunday. Do you know his room #?

Mike( Maritimer)
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

Great news .

Postby countershaft » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:46 pm

Thanks for the up date Donnie !

countershaft
10+ Years
10+ Years

Can't believe the waiting time -----

Postby countershaft » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:51 pm

when I went thru the tests and they found blockages ( on Tuesday) , I was in the operating room the next morning ( Wednesday) at 7am for a double by-pass.

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:37 pm

Update on Rudi.

Gordon emailed me this here and I'll put it on here as Gordon sent it to me.

"Hi John,
Visited with Rudi this morning and talked with him this evening,Emily and Rudi went over all the posts and e-mails,they were "blown away".
Rudi is #30 on the list for an operation, and expects to be in hospital for some time.He is trying to get a portable computer to talk to all the good cubers and to give them a blow by blow on how to get your ticker fixed!
Tonight Rudi was moved to a new room #4602A Phone # 506 860 3755.
Will visit Rudi next p.m.
Thanks John for thoughtful comments, they will be a help to Rudi and his family.
Please let all cubers know Rudi is ready to get the show on the road!
Regards,Gordon"

This is the scoop as I have it. Sounds like Rudi may be in there for a while.

Let's keep him in our thoughts,

John Niekamp

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:46 pm

Never heard of a waiting list for a operation. Not one that long for sure. Grandson was on a waiting list for a liver. But there is no unlimited supply of livers. I thought I read he had to go to another hospital for the operation.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:48 pm

Jim, I believe Canada has socialized medicine. A lot different system than ours.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:33 pm

Bigdog wrote:Jim, I believe Canada has socialized medicine. A lot different system than ours.

A lot different. We don't have waiting lists we have "The earliest we can schedule you is 4 weeks from next Thursday."

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:39 am

I know in Illinois at our state capital (?sp) (to many years since school) in Springfield, We have a excellent Cardiac center over there and if a person is air-lifted from our emergency room over to them they will do a quad bypass and have that person back home in about 3 days. It's unreal.

When I talked to Rudi I told him it's like a darn assembly line, they go from one person onto the next and so on. It really surprises me that they have such a high success rate moving patients in and out like they do. I would guess most of thses types of cardiac centers run the same way.

But at least in Canada, with their health care plan. The patients don't see some $30,000 bill when all said and done. Like I would would have with my Blue Cross, Blue Shield health insurance policy. Heck a guy just can't really afford to get sick these days. THEN if you die, they still want their money.

Now what I am wondering about in Canada's plan. What if it a matter of life and death? Like Jim Hudson mentioned about his grandson needing a donor liver. We have the transplant list and they will classify the patient to the level of need. How does this work in Canada? Don't the most needy go first?

Speaking of which, after having siter-inlaw (two times) and a real good friend both needing of a donor kidney. Just like what Like Jim said that livers aren't an "unlimited supply"

NOT TO BE PREACHING HERE, but sign your organ donor cards, a lot of states uses the back side of the driver's license. But not only that, let your love one's know what your wishes are, in the case of an unfortunate event. I have seen lving proof, (as many of you have) on how many more years it may give to someone in need of a heart, liver, lungs and other tissues. I have mine signed and everyone knows my exact wishes.

I hope that didn't sound to morbid, or that I benifit in any way from the above.

OK, enough of my opinion.

Get well soon, Rudi

John Niekamp

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:05 pm

Hi! everyone
I was just talking to Rudi. He seems to be in good spirits,but very bored.He seems to think he will be in hospital for weeks,so they can keep a close eye on him. He has quite a bit of blockage.He is still talking Cubs.He wants to get a lap top,but is not sure if can get the internet in the hospital.
The reason for a waiting in Canada is a shortage of doctors and nurses in Canada. The higher powers in this country have been closing hospitals and bed space.They say it is because the lack of funds, for the system.So what is a life worth? Some older people are on a waiting for a year or two for hip surgery. I will call Rudi quite often and like Gord I will keep you informed. :)
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Return to “Farmall Cub”