This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

fast hitch implements

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow
Circle of Safety: Y

fast hitch implements

Postby sdurnal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:43 am

I've been able to determine by searching the boards, that LoBoy and regular Cubs have different attachments. (related to heighth) I've not been able to determine, (my LoBoy has a fast hitch) if the fast hitch implements are different as well. I was kinda thinking a plow might be handy at some point. Are fast hitches for both version Cub's the same heighth? I do not have my fast hitch mounted, as it interferes with the mower attachments. (otherwise I could do a little comparison at a Cubfest)
Thanks in advance..

'64 LoBoy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: fast hitch implements

Postby BigBill » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:58 am

The 154 loboys didn't have fast hitches but they came with a 3pt hitch if they had that option. I believe the farmall cub's loboy and highboy both had fast hitches but i'm not sure if the heights on the fast hitch are different do to the higher tractor vs the lower tractor. It makes sense to me that they would be the same height on both tractors so the implements could be swapped between the two. We need the farmall cub guys here????

This part of the forum is confusing because were talking a 154/185/184 loboy's here yet we still have the pic of the farmall cub loboy its a totally different tractor.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 am

This part of the forum has always been confusing to me. (a newb) Mine does not have a number, and the painted info from the serial number tag is worn off. It's a yellow LoBoy, says International on the hood. The stamped part of the serial number indicates 1964, and it's an offset tractor.
I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong area. I thought this was the place for all LoBoy questions..

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:51 am

Sorry for the confusion - since the standard cub and offset lo-boys are so similar they are generally discussed in the main cub forum. The number series lo-boys - 154, 185 & 184 are non-offset tractors with a frame and have several differences and are separated into their own forum
Now - to address your question - many fast hitch implements will work on either the cub or lo-boy. The 194 plow and the platform carrier are a couple of them. Most tillage equipment (other than the 194 moldboard plow are different because the rear wheels on the lo-boy are further forward in relation to the fast hitch due to the rotation of the final drives. So the disks are different, fast hitch mowers are different to name a few.
There is a height difference between the two but it is less of an issue.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 pm

sdurnal wrote:I've been able to determine by searching the boards, that LoBoy and regular Cubs have different attachments. (related to heighth) I've not been able to determine, (my LoBoy has a fast hitch) if the fast hitch implements are different as well. I was kinda thinking a plow might be handy at some point. Are fast hitches for both version Cub's the same heighth? I do not have my fast hitch mounted, as it interferes with the mower attachments. (otherwise I could do a little comparison at a Cubfest)
Thanks in advance..

'64 LoBoy

sdurnal,
Central Indiana CubFest: September 17th - 18th, 2010 - Tipton, Indiana
90 miles north of you - be there! :D

What kind of tires do you have, ag or turf? Depending on your soil type, turf tires may not work too well with a moldboard plow (LF-194). If you do plan on getting a fast-hitch plow make sure it is for a Cub and not for an 'A'. The stamped serial number on the plow beam for a Cub has the word "CUB" at the end.
Here's a link to TM Tractor's website comparing the two plows - http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/l-f194_-_1-f194_001.htm

With the loboy being about 8" lower than a regular Cub, ground clearance, and therefore plowing depth will be different.

Glad to see that you've been making your way around the different resources on FarmallCub.com.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:04 pm

I think this may be a repeat, but it is worth repeating. Follow the links below - it will take you to interesting stuff like the Manual Server where the Parts Catalogs can be found. This is a good place to learn about the various implement both regular and fast-hitch.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.

CBI-1A Revision 12 Parts Catalog and the CBI-2A Revision 1 Index Parts Catalog - with Fast-Hitch Implements.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:55 am

I have bar tires on the rear, treaded on the front, and no weights. I'm assuming that I need the weights if considering the plow.
The tractor is also equipped with the front blade. (I'll have some additional questions in the future about mid mounting with quick hitch)
I also learned that the blade & mower can't co-exist. hehe
Thanks for the info.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 am

Can't mid-mount blade on Lo-Boy. Lo-Boy blade can be used on F-Cub, but not the other way around. Also cultivators, planters wont work on Lo-Boy. Lo-Boys are best for mowing and pushing snow. 100 blade would work also.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 am

lo-boys actually work pretty good with the LF-194 plow. Put your fast hitch on and bring your Cub to the CI Cubfest. There will be a few plows there and I'm sure someone would be happy to let you give it a try.

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:46 am

A little more work is necessary before she's ready for the plow. (governor) I have all the info to do the job, however. Probably have to wait for a bit cooler weather before tackling that job. (I'm hoping that it's just an adjustment) I have the repair manual.
BTW thanks for the info, guys.. you don't get this kind of stuff from the ops manual..
Regards,

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:43 am

There are just enough differences to trip you up at times. Almost any implement on that fast hitch will easily allow wheelies! It is a lot of weight way out back, so that's why mine came with two sets of front weights (stupid me sold one set).

I really like a fast hitch mower, especially on a Lo Boy.... but they are hard to find. If you start looking, a patient search will eventually turn one up.

I ended up with one by mere coincidence. While looking at a 100 for another board member it turns out the seller had just taken delivery of a C-2. A beautiful restored one at that! I looked at it and told him it wouldn't fit his Cub (long story how I knew that). I ended up trading parts from the mower that came with my 'new' Cub. So he could use the mower on his Cub and I could use mine (one day) on the Lo Boy, both of us won on that deal. The painted parts fit the Lo Boy. Most mowers cannot be 'converted'.

You can use a belly mount Mott... but it limits the usefulness of the fast hitch (I believe). I still have the brackets to mount a drawbar.

1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”