This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Frozen Bolt - any secrets?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48609
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tnestell » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:42 pm

That's not what happened to my tip. My neighbor did it when he borrowed it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ted

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

David
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby David » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:57 pm

I wanted thank everyone for their advice. As it turned out, I used both methods to get the bolts out. The front one I bought a huge nut, and welded it to the rounded head. Sure enough, although tough, the bolt came right out. The back one, the head was off, so the shank was small enough to use the Sears bolt out (which I had bought, but when I got home, found that it was not large enough to get over the bolt head -- so that one I proceeded to weld on the nut). Anyway, with some Kroil, the back one also came right out.

Thanks again to all.

Return to “Farmall Cub”