This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plow Information/identification

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mmann
10+ Years
10+ Years

Plow Information/identification

Postby mmann » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:07 pm

My Cub Project continues to be very enjoyable, due to this forum. There is nothing esle like asking someone who knows.

:?: Previous owner to me I have a "hillside plow" :?: but it just looks like two plows opposite of each other. A buddy speculated they were off something bigger like a Farmall 140, because they are fairly long.

What have I got here? Can I use just one? My food plots for the deer are flat. :wink:

Can I sell one plow? :?:

Thanks!
There is no substitue for good marksmanship.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:24 pm

You can just use one side of the plow but I think I would keep it intact. It is worth much more as a complete unit and is a whole lot handier to use.

Take a look at the mounting as shown on the T.M. Tractor website:

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/189_plow_001.htm
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:59 pm

I believe you have a two way plow. These are very handy in all sorts of situations. You go down a furrow with the right plow and then can turn right back around and use the left plow. It saves you a lot of trips from one end of a field to other end.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:06 pm

Hey Bigdog,

Am I seeking an optical conclusion or what? Aren't the rear tires mounted
just a little, well, backwards? If this is correct why?
:? :? :?

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:26 pm

Russ:

That was how Ellie's rubber was mounted. The PO felt it gave better traction.... NOT.
:!: :roll: :roll: :lol:
You are right, the are on backwards.... :!: :roll:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:30 pm

rleggitt wrote:Hey Bigdog,

Am I seeking an optical conclusion or what? Aren't the rear tires mounted
just a little, well, backwards? If this is correct why?
:? :? :?
Did you notice the disclaimer on the picture to please disregard the rear tire mountings, the tractor was used for display purposes only?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

mmann
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mmann » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:28 pm

Along with the two way plow, I also recieved a lot of other attachments, too. A bunch of cultivators. What looks like the back section of a Cub specific disc harrow. A scraper blade. Some sort of spring-like things that look kinda like prehistoric shock absorbers. Wheel extensions that spread the rims an additional 5'' apart. A sickle bar mower that cuts like
Hogan's Goats. Boxes of parts I don't even have a clue. A real long replacement shaft that goes up into where the PTO is.

All I need or want is the Sickle mower, disc harrow and maybe a plow.
I bought the tractor to only disc up a few small food plots for feeding deer and never have to worry how tall the grass gets.

I had no idea there was so much fun with these darned things and there was so much collector interest.

Maybe I'll sell some of this stuff and use the money to really fix my Cub up real nice and get one of those super paint jobs and make my brother in laws jealous and never let them drive it. And drink alot of their beer, too. :D

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:31 pm

Where in Kentucky are you? I would like to talk to you about some of the stuff you don't want or need. The wheel spacers for one. Send me an e-mail or private message if you are interested in selling some of it.
Bigdog

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:06 am

Make sure you've got all the parts for the attachments you want to keep before selling random boxes/piles of parts. For example, the "spring like things" are probably the mounting brackets for the scraper blade, and belong with the blade.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:05 pm

mman,if you'll poat some pictures we'll try to help you identify anything you done't recognize. For expample, the spring things could be for the blade, fo spring trip cultivator shoes. the long shaft may be a spare main transmission shaft. with pictures it would be easy to tell.

P.S. Be careful of the midnight cub hauler. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mmann
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mmann » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:53 pm

That is real good advice. I need to identify what everthing is before I sell any of it. I don't think I will keep the scraper blade, all I could see using it for would be dredging my small creek, and that may be asking too much out of my Cub and blade. I don't need the cultivators at all. The two way plow is overkill for me. If I ever did plow, it won't be over one or two acres and a regular one bottom plow would work.

I don't know how to post pictures on the internet. I see some posts by a man in Florence,KY, which is right up the road from me. May be I could load the stuff up in the truck and stop in and see him and he could solve the puzzle. What goes with what and all. Or this just gives me a good excuse to go to Cubfest '05.

thanks.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:53 pm

There are several of us that would be glad to look at the pictures or post them for you if you wanted to send them.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:18 pm

mmann wrote: I see some posts by a man in Florence,KY, which is right up the road from me. May be I could load the stuff up in the truck and stop in and see him and he could solve the puzzle. What goes with what and all. Or this just gives me a good excuse to go to Cubfest '05.

thanks.

Ralph would probably be more than happy to look over what you have and I know you would certainly be more than welcome to bring it to Cubfest 05. That is if you trust all the vultures who will be here. Maybe you better let me protect that stuff for you. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bigdog

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:22 pm

Bigdog wrote: Maybe you better let me protect that stuff for you. :wink: :wink: :wink:
I warned you. HA! HA!

mmann
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mmann » Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:32 am

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. I feel like I have 3 new Dads.

I will definitley sell the cultivators early in the spring, to help pay for a new trailer so I can proudly haul my Cub around.

I found some brazing repairs on the base of the cast iron radiator.
No leaking there. That is the only repair/weld on my machine.
I will swap out the coolant nest weekend for winter.

Return to “Farmall Cub”