This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Literature

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cub Literature

Postby Buggyscott » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:23 am

:D Went out to the mailbox today and in it was a old brochure titled 'Part-time Farming with the Farmall Cub' that I had won on e-bay. In great shape, 16 pages and looks to be late 40's vintage. Gives specs on the cub and lists implements with pictures that were available at the time. No bush-hog type cutter listed. I figure these and perhaps a few more like it would be good to have with My Missey once we do a show or two. Yes I know the manuals are available new but this old sales literature seems to go well with the tractor. Got a real nice ad from Country Gentleman magazine from 1941 that I have framed and goes with the 41 H. Anyone have any ideas on how to display brochures so they can be enjoyed by others but protected from wear?
Got a Cub and a good team of horses, nothing else I need or want except maybe another Cub and some more equipment!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bermuda Ken » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:14 am

If it will fit,(depends on the size of literature) use an archival quality plastic comic book or magazine size cover. Check the label to see that the covers are acid free or you WILL destroy the inks on your papers......
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:16 am

If you intend to leave them with your tractors at shows and will not be around, I would suggest a display case with a slightly smoked glass top to reduce sunlight damage, or taking good quality color copies. My 48 had one of the original e shaped clips that was used to attach arms to the rockshafts that disappeared at either Mo. Red Power or Cubarama, I don't know which. I didn't realize it was missing until I strted reinstalling attachments afterward. I normally removed it before going to shows, but forgot to that time.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:54 pm

There will be a seminar on how to protect these papers at the Winter Convention.
http://www.ihwisconsin.org

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Buggyscott » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:57 am

Mike, I thought they closed Wisconsin sometime in November and moved everyone to the Alabama, Florida and Mississippi Gulf Coast till spring. At least that how the licience plates read at the motels and condos along the Gulf.
Just kidding and I have seen some of the promo ads in some of the magazines. Been there several times and loved it, however one word keeps me out of there in the winter, the S--- word.
Got a Cub and a good team of horses, nothing else I need or want except maybe another Cub and some more equipment!

Return to “Farmall Cub”