This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

update on burned Cub in Colorado

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

update on burned Cub in Colorado

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:53 pm

Picked up the burned one today. First thing I did was to walk around it with a can of penetrating oil and start spraying every nut and bolt that I could find. Everything is stuck pretty good. It has an underslung exhaust, so there's no water problem there, however the upper water pipe may have let some water in after the hoses burned. I thought the hydraulic pump might be ok, but the bottom of it looks like it started to melt and there's a big gap there. The only place there is any insulation left is on the cable to the starter where it runs underneath the platform. The good news is that the top and front of the battery box look to be in good shape, and it has an original PTO cover (although somewhat bent), and the fast hitch and front blade look to be complete. Now its going to be a test of my patience to tap and spray, and not be too agressive with the socket wrench. I'm sure I'll have a thousand questions as things progress. If I can figure out how to, I'll post some pictures. In the back of my head I have the little voice that says "restore it", but I think there's too much gone to make that economically feasible.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:16 pm

I left the burned one I bought set for about 1 1/2 or 2 months and went by it twice a week and hit everything with Liquid Wrench. All the bolts came out easy except for 2.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”