This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Overspray-NOT A GOOD THING

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Overspray-NOT A GOOD THING

Postby Brent » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:14 am

:( I went to a local show last weekend and was admiring the paint job on a W-40 vinyard. Fellow that owned it said the paint job cost him four times what it normally would. Turns out he set up a one time paint booth in his garage and put an exhaust fan in the window. He lives in a California track home. You could put a 10 foot ladder on your roof and walk to your neighbors. Anyway, the overspray got to one wall of the neighbors house and one of her cars. Nice Rouge Red! He wound up repainting the wall and said it was cheeper to buy the car from her than have it repainted. Said he kind of likes the speckled red on the blue car! Expensive lesson learned.
Always try the easiest thing first.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:09 am

Not to mention all the tough California environmental laws he broke :!:
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Daniel H. » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:42 am

The overspray would probably buff off the car paint with some rubbing compound.
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Dave in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave in Md » Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:53 am

I planned on doing this also when the time comes. My brother did this in his hanger (we're far from having the most expensive past time) using 2by's, a roll of plastic, and scrap plywood for gussets. The difference was that he used furnace filters to cover the 'exhaust' opening. (Fan on the outside of the booth.) He didn't have a problem with overspray leaving the booth. And his 'hanger cat' really enjoyed the new scratching post!
For those who responded to my plea for help with the carb - I finally got to it last evening. There is a consistant fuel flow to the carb. I ran about a pint thru the bowl drain opening. I pulled the carb off and then had to call it quits for the evening. More updates to follow.
Dave

Return to “Farmall Cub”