This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Justification

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Justification

Postby Buggyscott » Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:49 am

Had a full set of cultivators and a center mount blade on e-bay and I just won both. Seller says they are in good shape and all there. Guess we will find out. Got them both for under $300. (Bigdog, these were just down the road from you) The last couple of times I asked about cultivators around here the best deal was $150, however I am somewhat in the dark about equipment prices. Is Mrs Buggy going to be right when she says, "You paid what for that pile of rust?", or can I truthfully tell her that when she has the farm sale after I am gone she and the cabana boy/next husband will be able to take that around the world cruise she alway wanted? :?: :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:05 am

If you got complete implements at that price, you got a good deal. Tell her & cabana boy to enjoy themselves.
Where were these located? Don't worry, I promise to leave them alone. Besides, my trailer is loaded with sawdust right now and I don't have room to haul anything. Well......... there is the small trailer............ :D :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Buggyscott » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:12 am

Bigdog, these are right down I-71 from you just off of exit 43. Will be going pass there Thanksgiving week and will pick them up then. Wanted the mid mount blade since I figure it will work better keeping ruts out of the driveway and smoothing the road in the back forty. Correct in this? Do not have any snow to push around, at least not since the blizzard of '93, which was the last time it snowed here.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:53 am

In my part of the country a set of decent cultivators will sell for $200 and up. A grader blade that isn't all beat up and bent will go for 250 to 500. You done good.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:03 am

You are correct on the mid-mount blade. Great for grading driveways. Let's see now, exit 43......half-day round trip including loading time.......hmmmmmmmmmm. :)
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Buggyscott » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:13 am

Bigdog, if you want to pick it up, go ahead. It would kill three birds with one stone, I figure you would clean it up and do a paint job for the me for letting you do the pick up :P , give you the chance to exercise some bragging rights and let you show me half the know cubs in captivity that you got in your barn :shock: , and I think he has a 48 cub for sale also :idea: .

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:54 pm

Buggyscott:

Well for sure in my neck of the woods you done got yourself a really good deal. :D

My Cub-144 Cultivator cost me $500.00 Cdn. My Cub-54 Blade cost me between $250.00 and $300.00 Cdn (not exactly sure as it was a trade) and by the time I get the parts made for it that I am missing, it too will have cost me about $500.00 Cdn.

So, tell wifey and the caban-boy to be that yup, for a grand they can go on a little trip to say Tijauana :roll: :lol:

Ya done good!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”