This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

NOS Cub block assemblies have arrived!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:46 am

It's come to my attention that nosih has lost some business due to my post and others. I'm am by no means an expert when it comes to Cubs. My comment was intended to be humorous. As I said:
Looks like it would take a funny manifold to work.
I also said that the blocks didn't look like any of mine. The reason for the difference is my blocks are actually complete engines thus the need for the funny manifold thing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:31 pm

If there are any still available when I get some money back in my tractor account early next spring I intend to buy one and put on the shelf to use in my 48 when I am able to redo it. It is in need of rebuilding, and the current engine is not the original anyway. Looks like it would be cheaper than reboring and buying new pistons, especially since the 48 was a used block already bored to .030 when I installed it 17 years ago.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:43 pm

Hey Donny, here is my observation.

First of all, there is no telling how many "organ donor" tractors I have gotten parts from to use on my cubs and Dad's cubs without knowing year/serial number/casted part #....they all seem to fit fine.

Secondly, I checked TM Tractor for the price on a good, used block....$235.00. That is the block ONLY, no pistons, rings, or piston pins and there is a good chance the used block will have to be bored oversize. Then, oversized pistons, rings, etc will have to be purchased to go along with the rebore charge. The total could easily exceed $500.00.

NOSIH wants $300.00 for a NEW, never used block that includes new pistons, pins, and rings. Well, lets see. That's $300.00 minus $235.00 which equals $65.00. Now, $65.00 divided by 4 equals $16.25 for a nos piston with pin and rings. The pistons, rings, and pins will not be found cheaper than that. It is a wonder he hasn't sold all of them already:!: :shock:

I have a need for one and can only hope that he still has one available when I get the money to pay for it :!: :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:10 pm

It is probably too late for you guys.
While you where busy sleeping in the weeds doing your calculations on your old slide rule I decided to buy them all and then sell to you guys for a mere $100 a hole. LOL

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:39 pm

"It is a wonder he hasn't sold all of them already":!:

I knew they wouldn't last long. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:56 pm

I still have quite a few.........

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:01 pm

Whew....I thought they all went to Wisconsin to be preserved in the archives :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOSIH, how many were in the lot you purchased :?:

Greg Norman

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:14 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:
Whew....I thought they all went to Wisconsin to be preserved in the archives

In reality Bud, Mike bought all of them to make block cheese :lol: :lol:

TFBMO fellas 8) 8) 8)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:09 pm

Donny M wrote:In reality Bud, Mike bought all of them to make block cheese :lol: :lol:

No heads on them though. So no cheese heads, or is it no head cheese?

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:39 pm

I can supply the NOS head also :D :D Image

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:06 pm

I ain't say a word :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Return to “Farmall Cub”