This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A few questions for the bored :)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Answer for question #9.....

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:22 pm

No matter where you live, you are supposed to replace the air in your tires with "season specific" air. That is, if it is winter, you must replace the air in your tires with winter air. If it is summer, you are supposed to replace the air in your tires with summer air. This gives uniformity to the tires for gripping strength. This also insures that the specific air pressure is the same on both the inside of the tire and on the outside. Otherwise, you may end up with what is called "Cupping". Now class, cup your hands together, and........

:D

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

#10. Never asked questions

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:00 pm

The other day I was changing the gear oil in the final drives of a recently purchased Cub. I loosened then lifted the back end of the draw bar. Stuck my head under the drawbar to look for the filler holes. Wap! draw bar drops back into place. Now that got me to thinking.

So where was I at in this dissertation. I forget. Oh ya. Does blood from scraped knuckles constitute part of a good paint job. Blood and IH red are the same color.

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Well.........

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:15 pm

It is my understanding that these Cubs are a labor of love. Therefore, might I submit that they are a combination of "blood, sweat and tears". I know. I know. This just tears me up. Sometimes I just wanna cry at this kind of humor. :(

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: #10. Never asked questions

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:59 pm

Eugene wrote: Does blood from scraped knuckles constitute part of a good paint job. Blood and IH red are the same color.
Now you have it marked with your DNA, so if needed in a paternity suit you can prove it's yours.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Scott C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Scott C » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:17 am

Cost wise, air has remained fairly constant, considering inflation.

Got to get my wife to read that one...... She thought I was the King of Corn..... I bow to you.....

Return to “Farmall Cub”