This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Additional Cubarama pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Additional Cubarama pictures

Postby Bigdog » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:13 pm

Thanks to Russ Leggitt there are a few more pictures added to the Cubarama album for this year. They are the first 14 pictures in the album.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5317473&uid=1221583&members=1
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:57 pm

Thanks BD and Russ. The tractor in the 6th picture looks good, but I can't say the same for the driver.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:24 am

What about picture #13 :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:21 pm

The driver looks good, but whoever refurbished the cub needs more practice!! Say like on my 48!! Image Image Image

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:42 pm

Hey John,

You are on the list :!: There are five tractors in front of you; three FCUBS, a B Farmall and a Super C.....the waiting period is two years :!: :shock: :lol:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:22 pm

Just kidding about that, the 48 doesn't look too good, but still runs good. I figure it will stay the way it is for quite a while. :D

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:35 am

OK...I have removed you from the list. You could always leave the '48 like it is. I think all of us that "renew" these old tractors need at least one that is dressed in work clothes and is "ugly?" You have one, Russ has has a few, George has Scruffy, and I have one, Homely, which I will bring to the Cub-Arama next year. :wink:

Greg Norman

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:33 pm

Hey Cub-Bud...I'll take John's slot two years from today...I'll be there with my '59 Cub. Thanks :lol: :lol: :D

Old Workin' Cubs look good in clean work clothes.

Almost have all the dirt grease and rust off 563.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:23 pm

Hey Mike,

When you are done with 563, post a pic....I'd like to see the change. 8)

Greg Norman

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:05 pm

Great "Pic's" Just way to many For Sale" If storage is a problem"?
What is the Pic of the Cubettl? Never seen that before. Wasn't mentioned in Ken Updike's book. "Jack" :?:

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:12 pm

I like the action shots of BD making firewood. He looks like he knows what he is doing!

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:56 pm

Jack Donovan wrote:Great "Pic's" Just way to many For Sale" If storage is a problem"?
What is the Pic of the Cubettl? Never seen that before. Wasn't mentioned in Ken Updike's book. "Jack" :?:

Jack, according to Paul Bell, the Cubette was a prototype that never made production. It was one of the first experimental units IH conceived.

Paul gave an excellent talk on the history of the cub cadet at the Cubarama banquet.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:05 am

:shock: Thanks Big Dog" Always good to learn something new' Guess I missed a good Cubaramma' "Jack"

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:56 pm

Jack
The "Cubette" was the first name picked for the Cub Cadet, and included in Bigdog's pictures, are pictures of the first 2 of 3 experimental models built at the Engineering Center. The proposal was to use as many parts from the Farmall Cub as practical, and with the first 2, one used the grille and front half of the Cub hood, along with the tranxaxle, and the second one used the gas tank half of the Cub hood and an 18 lb flat grille casting. It was then decided not to use the Cub hood/grille, and the third one that was built looked basically like the first model of the Cub Cadet and is the one Harold Schramm's family has. The first 2 appear to have the same chassis, and I don't know if they were built at the same time or if one chassis was used for the 2 different styling exercises. I have talked to 4 different IH Engineer's involved with the Cub Cadet project, one at Cub-Arama, and all 4 of them stated those first two "Cubettes" did not stay around very long.

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:01 pm

:roll: Thanks alot Paul, All I know is what I had read in Ken Updike' s Book and found that fasenating. According to him there were five proto types built, 2 at first then three if I remember correctly, and at that time no more info was found. I find the history quite fasenating. Thanks alot. "Jack"