This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bigdog missed one

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
spaulman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Bigdog missed one

Postby spaulman » Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:50 pm

Brought #2 home over the weekend. Had to jump on it before Bigdog caught wind of another Cub for sale in Ohio.

The good: It is a 47 (SN 5503) with hand lift and nice 42" Woods belly mower. All of the sheet metal is in good shape and the steering is nice and tight.

The bad: The rear tires are pretty worn. The engine smokes pretty bad so I'm sure it needs some work there. I drove fine when I was testing it but has started stalling since I brought it home. It runs fine for a few minutes and then stalls out. I think it might have some rust in the fuel line. I'm going to drain the tank a couple of times through a coffee filter and see if that helps any.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Dad has a Cub that Grandpa managed to roll that has a good engine but needs all of the sheetmetal. I might just make one good one out of the two and sell the remnants of the rolled one.

We had some concrete poured in the driveway this morning so the Cub is occupying my wife's side of the garage temporarily. After that, I gets kicked outside until I take the 55 to Clark for its restoration.
Scott Paulman
1955 Cub - C.C.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:25 am

Scott, I didn't miss it. I just wait until some guys brag about a good deal and then set the cub detector to "swoop" mode. This way, all the cubs have already been hauled out of the weeds and taken to other homes. Got it pointed towards Lebanon right now. There seems to be a blip on the screen. Hmmmmm................... :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”