This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Going price for Lo-Boy blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Going price for Lo-Boy blade

Postby John Niekamp » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:31 pm

I am just wondering what is the going price for the front mount blades for the Lo-Boy's?

I am just trying to get an idea of what I should expect to pay for one and then again where I can get one. I relize this depends on condidtion.

I would like to find one with all the correct linkages and brackets.

Any good guesses, greatly appreciated.

John Niekamp

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:36 pm

John,

Try this link:http://www.jptractorsalvage.com/loboy%20blade%20front.JPG

No price but you can call them. At least you know where one is...and not too far from you 8)

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:47 pm

Thanks Donny,

I just looked them up to see how far they are from me and it shows to be about 216 miles from Quincy.

Thinking to myself (after I find out how much) if it would be cost affective to drive down there myself for pick-up. On the other side of the coin a $1.90 for a gallon of gas and 4 hours down and 4 hours back I wonder how much one of thiese things would weigh for shipping on a pallet?

Your right a hack of a lot closer for me than for someone like yourself. PLUS I have heard these people are really great to deal with.

Hummmmmm! Might be a nice little trip, problem is with that, WHAT ELSE MIGHT I COME HOME WITH, LOL!

John

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:58 am

John N wrote:Hummmmmm! Might be a nice little trip, problem is with that, WHAT ELSE MIGHT I COME HOME WITH, LOL!

I don't think that's a problem, unless your other half does!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:29 pm

I only live about 60 miles from them, and have learned to drive something that's just barely big enough to haul what I'm going after. Saves the pocket book.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Front blade

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:48 pm

Snow/grader blades are going for around $550 here is PA, at least that's what Wengers wants for one, but if you look around you can find one cheaper. Granted, his blades are all sand blasted and shot with a shiny coat of IH red. They didn't make as many blades for the Lo-Boy, so I would think they are even harder to find. I know things are cheaper in other parts of the country, so use my info. accordingly.

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:51 pm

Donny,

Well I called JP tractor up today and they have have two in stock both of them are 500 bucks and he told me that all the linakges was there for my Lo-Boy

SHAFT,

I was out running around today and was looking for me some headlights for my Cub, so I stopped at the CASE/IH dealer and asked them what the canhe of them getting one in for a Lo-Boy and he said, "just got one in last week" I went and looked at it and it was well let's say it was WELL USED.
He shot me a price of $350, not bad and was local, but it was going to need a lot of work. The blade looked like it was used for moving everything but dirt and snow, the linakge pivots were all well worn out and a couple of them looked like pretzels even. All in all everything could be fixed and or made new rather cheaply. Just some labor, not a big deal. I will think on it over the weekend.

I then was looking at Rudi's pictures tonight and saw where he had what looked like a home brewed front blade assembly for a regular Cub. mounting off the back axel housings and I am thinking this may be a easy off/on attachment. I already have a real nice front mount blade for an older John Deere that I use to have, that might just be another plan.

Thanks for the input here guys.

John Niekamp

Return to “Farmall Cub”