This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It starts out small

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

It starts out small

Postby cowboy » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:50 pm

8) Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've missed you all. My computer smoked and I cant aford anotherone. So I steeling time on my neices.
:roll: Well it started with a radiator flush. looking into the radiator it was bubbling bad head gasket, hopefully. Well now the heads off might as well lap the valves. Looking into the cylinders no taper but they were bult up with rust ball honed it above the pistones. Well you know their was a lot of blow by maybe a broken ring better pull the pistons. Not broken but the end gap in the bores was .040-.066 need rings. Boy those bolt are hard to get at at the back of the oil pan with the engine on the trans. Going carzy because she has been down 4 weeks and I haven't gotten the time to get the parts yet. :oops:
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:56 pm

Welcome back Cowboy! Might as well check those bearings while you're this far.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:59 pm

Yea, that is the way it starts for most of us . My 49 stared I started out just to repair an oil seal on a final drive and 5 monthes later I'm rolling out a nice restoration. That I don't want to mow with because it takes too long to clean it up when I'm done. So I take it to Cub Fest at farmer's and get all dirty. Good luck. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:13 pm

I started out to change a fan belt.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:04 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I started out to change a fan belt.

:lol: :lol: :lol: John,, that's one tough fan belt!!! :lol: :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:04 am

It was like the proctologist that was tired of his job and decided to take a course in small engine repair. His final test was to take an engine apart and reassemble it. The instructor gave him 150% on the exam. 50% for disassembling it correctly, 50% for reassembling correctly, and 50% for doing it all through the muffler.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Now John.....

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:36 am

People don't know what to think when I'm in the floor laughing. Your sense of humor does bring out the best in us. BTW, the serpentine treads on those round things is pretty impressive. (Tire tread for those of us who are thinking challenged).

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Return to “Farmall Cub”