This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HHHMMMMM

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cfrost5
10+ Years
10+ Years

HHHMMMMM

Postby cfrost5 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:59 pm

HEY THERE
JUST A BEGINNER FROM UPSTATE NY
HAVE A 49 CUB
WANTING TO RESTORE/PAINT
HAVING TROUBLES RUNNING
RAN GREAT,,,SHUT OFF HOT,,THEN DOESNT WANT TO START UNTIL LATER,,MUCH LATER
PUT DIFFERENT MAG ON ,NEW PLUGS,CARB KIT
RETARDED TIME WITH MAG
RUNS BETTER,,BUT HAVENT FIGURED CHOKE AND FUEL NECESSITY
OUT YET
LOVE THIS STUFF THOUGH

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:06 pm

Welcome to the forum. If you read through the previous posts and check out some of the links you may run across something that is very similar to your problem. Also make sure you read the information on the home page of this site, check out the cub FAQs on atis.net and the manuals and information on Rudi's manual site. All these links are listed in the announcements message for new members at the top of this forum. Perhaps a good tune-up and some logical troubleshooting will either cure your problem or lead you to the correct solution. One other thing - when it doesn't want to start - check the quality of the spark. Even though you changed the mag, you may still have ignition problems.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

cfrost5
10+ Years
10+ Years

OH YEA

Postby cfrost5 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:08 am

PLENTY OF SPARK ALL OF THE TIME

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:25 am

cfrost5:

First, or should I say 2nd :?: seeing as BD already did :!: let me say welcome to the Greatest Forum on the Net and to the Cub Family :!: :D

As BD suggested here is the thread that you should read .New Members and Visitors, Please READ. The Cub FAQ's are filled with a lot of really good general knowledge and the Cub Info has some good trouble shooting tips. The Best of H.L. Chauvin puts a humourous yet very helpful tone to fixing your Cub. The Won't Start articles will be really helpful. With your specific problem, Mr. Chauvin has some really good insights. If you use these in conjunction with the GSS-1411, I am confident you will solve the dilema. Also, the Cub Manual Server has lots of info to assist you as well.

Thirdly, might I again suggest that you visit Binder Books, and order these manuals:
Owner's Manual
TC-37F Parts Manual
GSS-1411 Service Manual.

These three manuals will be the best investment that you can make as a new Cub owner.

Again, Welcome to the Cub Family :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”