This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

This Old House

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

This Old House

Postby Bill V in Md » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:53 pm

Hey, who's been sleepin in my cub. On a more serious note, it looks pretty time consuming to remove the long clutch shaft from the transmission. I've read the manual, and I'm still not sure whether it comes out the front or rear of the transmission housing. I kinda think it requires disassembly of the differential, and then pulling the shaft out the rear. Shaft is bowed and it has to come out. Any words of wisdom will be much appreciated.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:26 pm

Bill,

The differential only has to come out to remove the lower shaft. The top one comes out the front.

You will have to remove the shifter and forks, and I would remove the PTO shaft... although it may be possible to remove the input without.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:45 pm

After you remove the torque tube from the transmission there is a bearing retainer that when it is removed allows the shaft to come out the front. When you reinstall it be sure you don't install the retainer backwards. It can be installed either way, but if it's reversed the main shaft can move forward enough to cause the pto to disengage.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”