This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dripping oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Oh, by the way....

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:11 am

Is there supposed to be a gasket for the bowl? I don't recall one being there, and it makes sense there should be one there to help seal that area.

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:18 am

No gasket.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:43 am

Now get you a old soup can and drop over the muffler. We always kept one in the tool box's of our 2 M's and Super C for when we left them in the field over night. Dad never like the rattling rain caps. I always forgot mine when cranking the next day and it blew off into the sky then I had to go get it and put back in the tool box. And I have seen bent rods from water in a cylinder. Sometimes you never know you have a bent one. My machine shop had a fixture to check for bent rods during all rebuilds.
Young man for work, old man for advice

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:56 am

The muffler on the old H I used to drive leaned back just a little (low limbs), and it was fun to try catching the can when it came back down.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:25 pm

Why not use a 90 on the top of the muffler :?: I think it would keep most of the water out depending which way the wind was blowing during the rain :lol: 8) There's an older fella down the road from me that has a 49 Cub with a soup can on the pipe (no muffler). I havent seen that Cub move for months :? It has grass growing up all around it. I've been thinking about going over with a trimmer just to give the Cub some dignity. 8)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:40 pm

A cub - - - - in the weeds???????
Bigdog

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:45 pm

Looks like when BD turned the Hommer off at cubarama he forgot to turn it back on
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:01 pm

" I havent seen that Cub move for months It has grass growing up all around it. I've been thinking about going over with a trimmer just to give the Cub some dignity."

Do one better than that........give it a new home. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:03 pm

A cub - - - - in the weeds???????

When I talked to the fella about his Cub the first thing out of his mouth was "I won't take anything for it" I had to explain I wasn't interested in the Cub right then but I was interested in the cultivators. I asked him why he was letting the grass grow up around the tractor and he mentioned something about some fella up in Ohio that can spot a Cub (in need of a new home) from thousands of miles away. I told the man that I've heard of that guy but that finding Cubs from those distances was not possible. His reply was "Ain't taken no chances son" :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

Bigdog's air breather must be clogged up......

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:10 am

'Cause I know of three cubs parked side by side not far from me that he hasn't located yet. Either his cub locater is on the blink, or he's still tired from cub-a-rama. :shock:

Rick
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:56 am

Rick - I'm trying to abstain from road trips for a while. I've actually reduced inventory some and have decided to concentrate on 3 or 4 cubs already in the barn before adding any more. Of course, if the right deal comes along I guess I'll have to do what needs to be done.
Bigdog

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Very good advice!

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:06 am

Overkill can easily take up more space than we have available. Plus, not being able to work on a "project" because there are too many "projects" (insert cubs where projects are) can cause a disarrray of good thought processes. Take 'em one at a time and get them done right.

Rick

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Bigdog's air breather must be clogged up......

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:31 am

SundaySailor wrote:'Cause I know of three cubs parked side by side not far from me that he hasn't located yet. Either his cub locater is on the blink, or he's still tired from cub-a-rama. :shock: Rick

That would be 4 or 5 miles west of Hillsborough?

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Ooooooooo, John you're good....

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:02 am

But, a tad bit further to the west. Those cubs are actually closer to Gibsonville. Way out in the country. I can get there in about 30 minutes taking the back roads "by the crow flies" route. Two regular cubs and one lo-boy.

Rick

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:41 pm

Looks like I still have a little fine tuning to do.

Return to “Farmall Cub”