This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO repair

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:19 pm

allenlook,

I learned this for my dad many years ago and it works great. It also saves a trip when I ruin a gasket. :lol:

Lay your gasket material in place and use the ball end of a ball peen hammer around the perimeter of the casting/plate/other part. Lightly +-use the hammer (you know like Maxwell) and the gasket material will cut as with a knife. Use the same procedure on the ID of the gasket. For the holes make sure the cut gasket doesn’t move and peen the holes. The hammer will cut a nice hole. Larger holes are easier. Smaller holes require a smaller hammer.
For cork gaskets I use a utility knife to cut the shape of the gasket and thin wall brass tubing to punch the holes. 8)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:26 pm

8) Quote: Donny
For cork gaskets I use a utility knife to cut the shape of the gasket and thin wall brass tubing to punch the holes.
Another good tool for punching holes is different sized "SPENT" ammo shell casings.
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:32 pm

JB wrote:
Another good tool for punching holes is different sized "SPENT" ammo shell casings.

JB,
I didn't know you liberals had any of those. :P 8)

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:39 pm

Donny M wrote:JB,
I didn't know you liberals had any of those. :P 8)

Yessa!! Boss, We gots`um anz we files`em sharp. :twisted: :twisted:
Then came Bronson

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:43 pm

Donny, I rmember Dad using your method to cut differential housing gaskets out of cornflake boxes for our 51 Chevy pickup when I was a kid.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”