This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

FIRST CUB

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DEAN
10+ Years
10+ Years

FIRST CUB

Postby DEAN » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:10 am

Hello everyone Ijust recently purchased my first cub.It is a 1949.It is in decent shape.Someone put a 12 volt battery in it and removed some of the wiring.The person I got it from said that it ran fine until he left it out in the rain.I plan on tune up kit ,new wiring and back to orignal 6 volt system.It also needs a better intake/exhaust manifold.does anyone know where I can get new studs for this.The ones on it are pretty bad.Looking forward to using this site .Itlooks to have a lot of knowledgable and friendly people
THANKS

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:34 am

As bad as the studs look don't try to unscrew the nuts. You will probably break one or more off. We had the same problem whin I was young in the 50's with 30's cars. Get a nut cracker or a cold chisel and crack the nuts. After removing the manifold run a tap on the threads you may be able to save the studs. If not you can get at them better to use a rust buster and a stud remover. It is a lot better than breaking them off and having to drill them out.
Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:07 pm

Dean:

Welcome to the greatest forum on the Net period :!: :D and welcome to the Cub Family :!: :D :D :D

Surprisingly, most of the parts that you will need are available from your local CaseIH Dealer. If you do not have a dealer nearby, you can always order the parts online at Case Tractor Parts.

If you do not know the part numbers, the TC-37 series manuals are available on the Cub Manual Server at the link below under the Cub Part Manuals link.

Again, welcome :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ron
10+ Years
10+ Years

First Cub

Postby Ron » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:25 pm

Hi Dean,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new Cub.

You will find that there are many members here with lots of experience with these Cubs, the best part is they are willing to share their knowledge.

I have been saved here many times!!

One of the best investments to make is to buy a set of manuals.
They really come in handy!!

I live in Cataula, so let me know if I can help you out with anything.

Ron Henderson
1951 Farmall Cub

DEAN
10+ Years
10+ Years

FIRST CUB

Postby DEAN » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:34 pm

Hi Ron,
Nice to know there is someone else close by working on a CUB.Right now I am just going over everything on the CUB to see what all it needs. It is in very good shape compared to some I have seen.I am sure I will have plenty of questions.

THANKS DEAN

Return to “Farmall Cub”