This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

paint on my 67

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

paint on my 67

Postby Todd » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:10 am

Been a long time guys, I am finially ready to finish my cub. a couple of question about paint on my 67. From what I see the front wheel bolts where not painted yellow, but the rears where what do you think?

Was the distributor cap and the carb painted?

what color are the wires contected to the head lights? the air cap? and the dist cap.

I also found a couple of interesting pics check them out at http://www.lovevoodoo.com/harley look at "my interests" then on bottom of page "more tractor pics" there is a wierd stick on the hood of a cub, look original
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bermuda Ken » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:35 am

Here are a few painting answers for you.

Dist Cap & Carb are NOT painted. Leave them "natural".

Headlight wires are either unpainted (black) or painted yellow. Its your choice.

Front and rear wheel bolts are cad plated. Wheels were installed AFTER the tractor was painted.

Air cleaner cap should be painted white like the hood.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Todd » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:54 am

As far as the wheel bolts go. I checked a few original cubs. It seems that the front were rusty, leading me to belive there was nothing on them. However I have seen paint reminents on the rear bolts?
i have a few tractor pics on my site i should have started taking them before i took it apart

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:36 pm

From all the factory photos I've seen, the rear wheel centers were mounted to the tractor prior to painting. The rear rims were then mounted to the centers after painting.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farmall Cub”