lurker carl have question

Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:08 am

where did you find teflon valve packing for fixing the sediment bowl.
all I can find is the graphite.

Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:44 am


Carl is off to Cub-Arama, probably there now.

I think it is available at NAPA, but not sure. I know that it is available at any good plumbing supply house. That is where a buddy of mine gets it. I would call around first before I spent time runnin tho :roll: :roll: don't ask k :?: :oops: :roll: :roll:

Hope that helps...

Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:01 am

thanks rudi!

most places I go for valve packing look at me like I am stupid when I ask for it.

I will call around some this time

Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:54 pm


Well at least now I know that I am not alone. I am still trying to find that little tube of teflon from Permatex.... I went to NAPA, and Canadian Tire - both looked at me like I was from Jupiter or someplace.... :? :roll: :roll: :o

Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:07 pm

I just go mto local Hardware store. Plumbing supplies have it too. If you still can't get any give me a PM and I'll get and mail some to you.


Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:53 pm


Home Depot is where I got mine.

Don't be confused by the by-line, I'm posting on Dennis's computer at Cubarama.

Lurker Carl