This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

tranny noise

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Frank Maddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

tranny noise

Postby Frank Maddy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:05 pm

I was mowing in 2nd, got about 2/3 done and I started to notice a clicking noise, like something in the wheel was hitting something every revolution. :( I stopped looked for something loose, lug nuts etc and could not find anything obvious. Started moving again, felt the transmission top and I could feel it there. It also appears to get faster when I turn left. Is it in the transmission, or due to the speed is it in the final drive? Also the speed does not appear to change when in 1st.
Thanks
Frank in Bluffdale, TX

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:10 pm

Frank,

Did you check the 4 bolts that connect the center disk to the rim :?: 8)

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Left

Postby allenlook » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:25 pm

When you turn left, are your right wheel and all of the associated parts on that side of the transaxle turning faster than their left-side counterparts?

If so, I would first suspect something involved with your right-side bearings.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:05 pm

Also check wheel weight bolts.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:57 pm

Also check the brake drum

Return to “Farmall Cub”