This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

More Seat Time

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

More Seat Time

Postby Rudi » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 pm

Got some more seat time today.. only about 4 inches of snow or so... still expect a bit more overnight so maybe a little more seat time tomorrow. Got my Pressure Relief Valve fitted up.. but for some reason I don't have pressure to move the blade. Had to plow with the blade straight.. :( Will figure it out tomorrow I hope. Post pics when all working fine.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

MaineDad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04260
eBay ID: mainewh
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1963 Wheel Horse 753
1996 Wheel Horse 314-8

Re: More Seat Time

Postby MaineDad » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 am

Rudi,

It seems all of the nor'easters are sliding south of us in Maine. The storm yesterday was supposed to dump 6 to 10 inches and ended up only putting down 2 or 3 inches. However, this storm like the last two, retrogrades back on to us, so we get "Dustings" each day too.

I hope you get the hydraulics problem licked soon. Do you have pressure to raise and lower the blade?
Micah in Maine
1952 Farmall Cub

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:26 am

Yesterday Halifax got 40cm of snow. That is about 16 inches of snow. PEI also got more than we did too. Very weird......... We don't have as much as normal for this time of year, even accounting for our annual January thaw.. but it is still a great winter. Lots of dustings -- 2 or 3 inches at a time. Just enough to get some seat time :big smile:

I have lift.. that isn't the problem. I just cannot angle the blade. Move the lever, nada happens. I got me a feeling I might have done something wrong.. :oops: and that would be nothing new :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:29 am

Rudi, we need a pic of how you plumbed things.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 am

Rick:

Pics will be along in a bit. Going back down to the shop in a little while.

This is the pressure relief valve I used.

cp20 adjustable relief valve

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 am

I'm assuming it has 2 ports on the bottom side.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:47 am

yupper...

could I have reversed the flow?

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 am

Without seeing the valve up close, I'd guess the pressure goes in the side with 1 port, pressure flows straight through and out the port opposite the one showing in your pic. If too much pressure developes, it opens the relief valve and fluid flow out the upper hole back to the resevoir. I see it's preset at 2000. You'll want to lower that to below the cubs pump pressure to be safe. This relif valve should've been installed in the line going to the "in" of your new angle control valve.

Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Rick:

Well.. how do I say this :?: :oops: :roll: :(

My problem was entirely operator error. I am still learning, but didn't quite get the schematic that was somewhat scribed into the Pressure Relief Valve block.. wasn't all that clear.

I had it kinda backwards :big give up:

Now, in all honesty.. once you get it installed correctly, boy is it ever easy (keeping in mind all the fantastic advice I keep getting from you, ricky and the others here), to set the pressure. I have been playing with my blade today, cleaning up the mess -- it started to rain a bit last night so on top of the snow that fell yesterday, it is really heavy and difficult to clean. I managed to play for almost 2 hours -- getting used to a properly functioning power angle blade -- this thing moves... I am very surprised. It is much faster changing directions than it was before.. at least twice as fast :big say what:

I pretty happy. Plus I learned a new skill... :{_}:

Sorry for the kinda blurry pic.. been shaking all day -- sugars are out of control again.. :x can't get em regulated..

Anyways, you can see where the pressure and tank lines are. The tank return line has the quick coupler on it. This is where I will hook up my second valve for the wood splitter. (that project is moving to the front burner :D ). I had the return line where the single port is that goes to the valve is now, and the other two were not right either. Once I figured out (thanks for the tip on the single port.. ) that I did do it backwards, I called Leo at Princess and he helped as well cause he was familiar with that PRV. So now it works, and I is a happy camper.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Ok, now you have me totally confused. Looking at this new pic I have below,

just for starters, which letter do you consider the pressure line from the bypass block?

And, am I seeing things correct---- line A curves around behind the shifter knob and attaches at B ?

Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 pm

The pic is definitely confusing. :big shy: I will try tomorrow to get better shots..

Rick Prentice wrote:Ok, now you have me totally confused. Looking at this new pic I have below,

just for starters, which letter do you consider the pressure line from the bypass block?

And, am I seeing things correct---- line A curves around behind the shifter knob and attaches at B ?

Rick

Rick, the pressure line is actually F which connects to the rear most top port via a 3/8 npt to jic male fitting, then a 90 deg jic female to male then the pressure line. G is the return to the reservoir. C comprises a 3/8 npt to jic female fitting, a jic to jic T fitting, then a 90 degree jic female to male, then to a female jic to 3/8 npt then to the male quick connect. A is the Return line from the valve which goes to to the T that connects to the front top port and A connects to that. The plumbing got a little confusing for me, but what I did was plumb it all loose then once it was in place, tightened it all up. There is not a lot of clearance between the fittiongs for the Pressure and the Return lines :roll:

Lines D and E go to the hydraulic cylinder in front for the blade.

I think I got that right .. :big say what: :big give up:

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Yep, take some different angled pics. I don't think you'll want to hook your splitter valve to the quick connect line, that'll defeat the relief valves purpose the way you have it plumbed.

Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Rick:

I will take more tomorrow. From what I understand this is how it is supposed to work.

The male quick connect would get connected to a second female quick connect which would flow to the IN side of the second valve. The Out side of the second valve would flow back to the current female quick connect. This would still preserve the PRV in the system. Does that makes sense :?:

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:58 pm

We'll wait till you get better pics, but I still think the way you have the relief plumbed and plan to attach a second valve, you'll be trapping the fluid and the relief can't relief anywheres :shock: if you bottom out the second splitter valve splitting wood.

Ohio Rick, Hey Mich Rick, help me out here, maybe you can explain it better :D :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Rick:

I said the heck with it and went down to the shop.. Switzerland 1 Canada 2... :shock: and took some more pics which hopefully will be better.

Does this make the setup clearer :?:

Return to “Farmall Cub”