By Jove, methinks I got it
Finally after many, many and again many attempts (occassioned by a number of hunt and searches for the poppet balls inside the tranny case
), I finally was able to get the poppet ball and the rod back in.
Donny, way to go buddy
Did exactly as you told me, and when I finally achieved success it was with a version of your drift punch idea. Didn't have (read don't own) a 1/4" drift punch (will correct shortly
) so I used my noggin and grabbed my 5mm Stihl chain saw file
Good thing too - as the hand lift was in the way (of course
) and the file gave me the length I needed to get by the lift and into the bore.
George, yupper, you too da man
You were right. As soon as I got the rail to the second detent, the fork lined up perfectly, bolt almost fell into it's mating end
I likes it when stuff works...
However, everything is not rosy.... next post will describe.
Thanks again guys. I am getting there slowly