This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Quadrant

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Touch Control Quadrant

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:59 pm

I was at the Westminster, MD show last weekend a saw a Super C there that had what appeared to be nice shiny new, zinc or galvanize plated Touch Control quadrants. The owner was not around the tractor for me to get any info. Does anyone know if these are still available through Case/IH or are being reproduced by someone? Thanks.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:52 pm

Yes, they are still available from Case/IH. OEM has reproductions, as well. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:51 pm

Hi All

I saw them in Red power magazine in the OEM add, as CB pointed out and the complete assembly lever and all was $57.00 Some folks with good skills rework the top part of them. I think Mr. Willer has reworked some in the past. Paul K. in N.H.

FarmallCubNJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FarmallCubNJ » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:39 pm

Holy smoke. $57 for the quadrant. If there is any metal left on the old one and you have ever jointed a saw fixing the quadrant is no problem. Even if you haven't a small trangular file is all that is required to fix the piece up. On the couple of Cubs I have had the problem is usually that the throttle lever has been worn so it won't hold in the indent. That takes a little more time to fix.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:47 pm

I would call JP Tractor Salvage and check on the availability of a used one. :wink:

By the way, in my first reply, I was thinking of the quadrant stops, not the quadrant itself. I also had the cub tractor in mind, not a Super C. :oops:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:57 pm

It was the Touch Control (hydraulic) quadrant I was talking about, not the throttle quadrant. But these were definitely brand new, and plated, not painted. I'll give my Case/IH dealer a call and see what's available. Thanks guys.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:27 pm

Hi All

I agree $57.00 is alot, but I am just posting whats in the add, Throttle plate assembly. Thats why I said those with some skill could go to work and fix one up. Paul K. in N.H.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:24 pm

So this whole thing brings up a question... were the holes in the quadrant tapped to hold the stops? Was there something like a thumbscrew or just a bolt if it was tapped?
Thaksl
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:51 pm

The srops have thumb screws in them
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:56 pm

BW

I think this post is about the throttle quadrant that has v shaped notchs to hold the lever at different engine speeds. If you are talking about the touch control to the left of the throttle there are little stops on there that can be set by sliding them to and fro on the arch, the stops have a 10/32 hole tapped in the middle and on my 61 they used a 10/32 like a thumb screw, but there is a wingnut head on it instead of a thumb screw head. one of mine is busted off in the stop. I don't see them at the hardware, but someone on here knows where you can get them. If not from IH, then from a fastener co. If all that fails you can get a piece of 10/32 all thread and cut it to length and thread it into a wingnut and put a little weld on the top and it will be as they were new. Paul K. in N.H. :oops:

Return to “Farmall Cub”