This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bolster question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Bolster question

Postby Eugene » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:27 pm

The bolster on my Cub was loose and missing a bolt. How long, in hours, will it take to replace the gasket between the bolster and steering sector?

I have the shop, tools and cherry picker, no refridgerator. Just wondering?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:43 pm

I'd say no more than a six-pack.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Bolster question

Postby Eugene » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:32 pm

6- pack. I'm trying to figure out just how long a 6-pack will last. When the neighbor boys come over they usually have a cold 30 pack in the front seat between them. From experience I'd guess a 6-pack would last some where around 15 or 20 minutes - of course we don't get much done. Here a 30-pack costs just under $12.00 and a 6-pack costs between $5.00 and $6.00. So, if I take the cost of the 6-pack and compare that to the minumum wage. It should take some where around an hour. :lol:

Thanks for the help Big Dog.

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:11 am

When calculating labor cost, take into consideration the quality of the beer. Because you get what you pay for. :lol: :lol:
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:34 am

I worked in Alaska on the DEW Line and the first time that I heard of measuring in six pzack it was distance in Texas. Lorado to San Antone was 3 six packs. And ,San Antone to Dallas was 3 more. Lorado o Tex Arcana was 10 six Packs if I remember right. The distance to El Paso included a stint in Re-hab
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Bolster question

Postby Eugene » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:14 pm

I'm guessing. It took less than an hour (only 3 beers) to remove the bolster. It probably would have taken only 20 to 30 minutes but I removed the steering arm while the bolster was still in the tractor - I didn't need to do that - lessons learned.

While I have it apart I will replace the bottom bushing, seal, brass bearing plate, reverse the sector gear and install a new gasket. Another 3 beers. So - this is some where around a 6 1/2 pack project.

Big Dog. I want you to know that it took longer to wash off the old grease and grime in the parts washer then it did to remove the bolster from the tractor. Ain't that the way it always goes.

Eugene

Return to “Farmall Cub”