This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Distance between tires and fenders

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mymariah
10+ Years
10+ Years

Distance between tires and fenders

Postby mymariah » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:53 am

How much clearance do you guys have between the fenders and the tires? The tires were turned out on my cub, which made the rear wheels very wide - wider than the grader blade, so we decided to turn them in. Now we put the fenders on, and there is only about 1-2 inches clearance between the tire and the fender. To me, this seems very dangerous, as someone could put their hand on the fender and get it pinched. We are gonna try another tire configuration that should gain us a couple more inches, but just wondered what others have for clearance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:37 pm

As you have found out, it depends on the width configuration. I have mine set so there is about 4 or 5 inches clearance. I have that much just because that is the particular tread width I wanted
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:04 pm

According to the owner's manual, and my best recollection, the narrowest allowable configuration for the rear wheels is wheel disks dished in, and rims bolted to the outside of the disks.

My fenders are rusted out and flopping, and I have turf tires on mine, so I don't know what the clearance would be at this width if you used R-1 tires and had good fenders.

There is one more permutation, with the rims bolted to the inside of the disks, but it'd be awfully tight in my estimation.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:04 pm

"Matt Kirsch wrote:" My fenders are rusted out and flopping,

Woe to the person that says, "That sounds like a personal problem to me."

Return to “Farmall Cub”