This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Leaking steering box oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
philkoh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Leaking steering box oil

Postby philkoh » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:37 pm

I'm leaking steering box oil from the freeze plug. How tough is it to change the freeze plug? :cry:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:01 pm

Realy not that bad.
1. get new plug of right size.
2. drain out lube from gear box.
3. remove old plug. ( I drive an old screw drivr in to a whole I drill in the plug & pry it out not that hard.
4. Clean hole out good. making sure to look close at the sides are not banged or gouged.
5.Put new plug in hole put one ball peen hamer with ball part in center of plug & hit the hamer w/ another lightly, check to see if it is tight if not repeat till it is.
6. Refill with lube.
7. Drive cub around for 3 or 4 hours having fun & if wife says anything tell her you had to make sure you got it fixed. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:44 pm

Might not hurt to put a thin bead of form-a-gasket in the groove before installing new plug.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”