This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to seal muffler to standpipe?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Silicone...

Postby allenlook » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:24 am

Hey, I've GOT some of that copper silicone, I'll try a dab of that, the hole itself is only a little slot, it should seal up just fine...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Galv...

Postby allenlook » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:27 am

If welding galvanized is bad (as in a recent post here on the forum), would it not be also kind of bad to get it that hot and blowing exhaust in your face?

I know the temps aren't anywhere near the same, but hot zinc over time is hot zinc, and probably off-gasses at a rate commensurate with the heat applied...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Galv...

Postby johnbron » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:37 am

allenlook wrote:If welding galvanized is bad would it not be also kind of bad to get it that hot and blowing exhaust in your face?
I know the temps aren't anywhere near the same, but hot zinc over time is hot zinc, and probably off-gasses at a rate commensurate with the heat applied...

Now you are getting into the political arena. :twisted: I sure hope you dont plan on running for the head of the "EPA" :lol:
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:57 am

Allen:

For me it was a simple choice. I have lots of galvanized pipe laying around that would fit the manifold for an exhaust pipe, but I chose to just go and get some regular sked 40 black iron. Much better, no worries.

Personally, it is not that big a concern, but something that rumbles around in the dimmest reaches of me brain :roll: :wink: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:39 am

I don't know if it gets hot enough to give of fumes that would be a problem, but I can tell you from experience that the galvanizing will turn black if it is a working tractor.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”